Bringing soda pop on board

cutiediva

Yes you can, however watch the exp. dates. We were in Aruba a few years ago and my wife spotted Diet Mountain Dew in a market so we bought a case for $22.00. Got back to the ship, iced it down and when she took a drink from the 1st can it was rancid. The date on the can showed it was 3 yrs old. So beware.

Can you bring soda pop on board from each port that is on the itinerary?

Why would you want to? It won't be cheap.

What do you have in mind? Are you planning to take a taxi in each port to a local supermarket?

I did this a few years ago after I paid $11 for a Red Bull and vodka from one of the bars. Bought some in Grand Cayman and had no trouble walking it right back on the ship.

As long as a 12-pack in port is cheaper than ~ $26.91, it beats buying soda on board. Then again, somewhere between the first and second pack bought in port (in addition to the one you carried on during embarkation) it becomes cheaper to get the soda card.

Why would you want to? It won't be cheap.

What do you have in mind? Are you planning to take a taxi in each port to a local supermarket?

My son wants to bring soda aboard. Since my husband and I are bringing bottled water, 12 pops wouldn't be enough for him.

Linda

In that case you might price it out for how many you think he'd drink and consider that it's more expensive at ports and tastes a little different - with those two things factored in you may or may not decide that a soda card (actually, a sticker :)) is better. (you might even get some extra chores out of him - to 'earn' it! lol)

My son wants to bring soda aboard. Since my husband and I are bringing bottled water, 12 pops wouldn't be enough for him.

Linda

Ok, I see. I was thinking by the time you took a cab to a grocery store the cost would add up between the cab fare and cost of pop....not as cheap as we can get it at home.

We took a foldable cloth duffle bag in our carry-on, after we checked into our hotel we took everything out of carry-on and put it in duffle bag. We stopped the next morning on way to terminal and purchased a 12 pack of regular and diet soda, put them in carry-on since it has wheels, gave the duffle bag to porters with our other luggage, and wheeled the soda on with us, had no problems. We don't like checking the soda, we're afraid the way they throw the luggage around the cans might burst.

Linda

If we drinks more than 12 cans of soft drinks in one week it will probably be cheaper to buy him the soda card.

• 2 weeks later...
I need some clarification:

At each port of call, if we so chose, we can keep bringing a 12-pack each of soda back on board? I assumed we could each bring one on at embarkation and that was it. I love Coke from Mexico (has real sugar instead of HFCS!!!)

Yes you can. I normally do a 2 liter or a 6 pack at each port. Lynda

Archived