My Guarantee room hasn't been assigned yet.

Hill1727

I booked my cruise (and it's paid in full) almost a week ago for Nov 27, 2010 on Summit. I got the Guarantee CC room and my room still hasn't been assigned yet. Both of my last two cruises were also Guarantee rooms and I was assigned a cabin within a day. I keep checking the Celebrity website to see if a cabin has been assigned and it still says Guarantee. I know I'm excited and I'm being impatient but it also has never taken this long before.

Has anyone else noticed a long delay before the Celebrity assigned them a cabin.

I booked my cruise (and it's paid in full) almost a week ago for Nov 27, 2010 on Summit. I got the Guarantee CC room and my room still hasn't been assigned yet. Both of my last two cruises were also Guarantee rooms and I was assigned a cabin within a day. I keep checking the Celebrity website to see if a cabin has been assigned and it still says Guarantee. I know I'm excited and I'm being impatient but it also has never taken this long before.

Has anyone else noticed a long delay before the Celebrity assigned them a cabin.

Shoot..took them 3 months to assign my guarantee!!!

The last time we did a guarantee, we didn't get our cabin assignment until 2 weeks prior to the cruise.

Rollie

Oh wow, LAME!

Does anyone know if this is something new that they are doing or if I was just really lucky on my last two cruises?

We also got our guarantee assignment about 10 days before the cruise. Check your on line reservation on the Celebrity web site. Once they filled in a cabin number before we even got an official notification from our TA.

It is a crapshoot when you get assigned when booking a GTY. Sometimes it is right away, on rare occasions you do not find out until you arrive at the pier. Also, even if you do receive an assignment it is not set in stone - on occasion it may be changed.

I guess it's Murphy's Law. I was just assigned my cabin. Finally I'm free of incessantly logging into my account on Celebrity.com and seeing if it had changed.

Did you get an upgrade? :confused:

I booked an gty inside cabin and was wondering if they sell out all those inside cabins would there be a good chance in getting an ocean view?

Are there any obstructed ocean views on the Summit?

Oh wow, LAME!

Does anyone know if this is something new that they are doing or if I was just really lucky on my last two cruises?

You've just been lucky. Ours was assigned two weeks prior to sailing (just a few days ago)

Did you get an upgrade? :confused:

I booked an gty inside cabin and was wondering if they sell out all those inside cabins would there be a good chance in getting an ocean view?

Are there any obstructed ocean views on the Summit?

No I did not get an upgrade I'm in a C3 cabin. But I'm not disappointed, a C1 would have been nice but the C3's are still good cabins. I have never received an upgrade with any of my Guarantee cabins but that's OK because I've always been happy with the cabins I was assigned. Basically I've never booked A guarantee in a class I wasn't going to be happy in.

I'm not sure if your on the same sailing as me but if you are I wouldn't hope to get upgraded from the inside to ocean view. The balcony's are sooooo ridiculously cheap on this cruise they will definitely fill up, and most of that will come from people in the inside and ocean view cabins that upgrade to balcony cabins because the price jump is minimal. It's only a $60 difference from inside to balcony and a $10 from inside to ocean view. Again I'm not sure if your on my same sailing or at what price you got your guarantee inside but if you are and you really want an ocean view the price difference is so minimal if I were you I would just upgrade yourself to the guarantee ocean view.

Archived