Questions about onboard expense accounts

path145

There will be 12 of us sailing on the Carnival Fantasy on January 28. I'm the only experienced cruiser and the most adept at computers so I've been "volunteered" to get everything set up.

I have been trying to get our Fun Passes done, but I'm having a problem with the onboard expense accounts for the Sail & Sign Card. None of us is traveling as a couple so we all want our own expense accounts but it looks like it automatically links the two people sharing a room together into the same account. Is there a way to give everyone a separate account?

The next question is about using cash for the account. Do we need to send money in before the cruise for the cash account or can it be paid at check-in? And if someone changes their mind and wants to use a credit card, can that also be done at check-in?

Each person can have their own account. While filling out the information for the Fun Pass each individual will be asked about the method of paying for on board expenses. You can opt to use a credit card in which case you'll enter the last four digits of the card number.

Optionally, you can elect to use cash. It's not necessary to add any money to the account prior to boarding but it will be necessary to go to the Guest Services Desk and deposit what ever amount to activate the account.

:)

There will be 12 of us sailing on the Carnival Fantasy on January 28. I'm the only experienced cruiser and the most adept at computers so I've been "volunteered" to get everything set up.

I have been trying to get our Fun Passes done, but I'm having a problem with the onboard expense accounts for the Sail & Sign Card. None of us is traveling as a couple so we all want our own expense accounts but it looks like it automatically links the two people sharing a room together into the same account. Is there a way to give everyone a separate account?

The next question is about using cash for the account. Do we need to send money in before the cruise for the cash account or can it be paid at check-in? And if someone changes their mind and wants to use a credit card, can that also be done at check-in?

When I sail with my hubby he always fills the funpass out with 2 different CC numbers and we are good to go once onboard... however on my last cruise I sailed with 2 friends since I was VIP they had their bookings under my CC.. if that happens to you once onboard just goto guest services with the people and they can set up their own acct...

No you don't have to send money in before hand you can do that once you check in.. yes they can change to a CC at that time as well;)

Thank you all so much! I finally figured out how to give them each a separate account. It's good to know that they can add their credit or debit cards later.

I've been getting so stressed out about getting everyone booked and paid and fun passes filled out that by the time we go I'm going to NEED a cruise!! They better all say thanks by buying me DODs!

Thank you all so much! I finally figured out how to give them each a separate account. It's good to know that they can add their credit or debit cards later.

I've been getting so stressed out about getting everyone booked and paid and fun passes filled out that by the time we go I'm going to NEED a cruise!! They better all say thanks by buying me DODs!

LOL glad you got it worked out.. and yes I think multiple DOD's are in order for you... Have a fantastic cruise;)

This is a 5 day cruise? Eleven people owing you favors...That's at least two DOD's per day. Should help your drinks bill considerably...EM

Archived