So Excited...Radiance of the Seas arrives in Tampa tomorrow morning

Here are 2 GOOGLE map links to see the parking garage..

The first is a look at the garage with the aquarium and Carnival in the background....that IS NOT where Royal docks....Royal docks even closer.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=tampa+fl&sll=28.149459,-82.442777&sspn=0.160741,0.336113&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Tampa,+Hillsborough,+Florida&ll=27.946301,-82.44572&spn=0.000634,0.001313&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=27.946301,-82.44572&panoid=q64_9jzQvFStToCWFesCog&cbp=12,191.46,,0,-5.02

This link is to a pix that shows standing right in front of the parking garage..facing terminal 3...there is no ship docked so you can't see it but the terminal is right beyond the Tampa Aquarium parking lot...and you could walk right thru.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=tampa+fl&sll=28.149459,-82.442777&sspn=0.160741,0.336113&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Tampa,+Hillsborough,+Florida&ll=27.945961,-82.445731&spn=0.000634,0.001313&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=27.945961,-82.445731&panoid=umRY645xbVurQLl8RfqQ7Q&cbp=12,95.85,,0,-5.94

I don't know why valet would be necessary at all...it's so easy....drive up...drop your bags....pull across the street into the parking garage...park...and walk back across the street to the terminal. The only tracks there are are for the trolley/street-car and you just walk/drive right over them....you can even see them in one of the pix above.

Thanks. After seeing the picture, it definitely looks like no big deal.

You can also go to tampaport dot com, select "Cruise Homeport" and scroll about 3/4 down the screen, there is a pretty good map of the area, which includes a few landmarks and the parking garage. The garage is on Cumberland and Channelside.

Liz

I don't know why valet would be necessary at all...it's so easy....drive up...drop your bags....pull across the street into the parking garage...park...and walk back across the street to the terminal. The only tracks there are are for the trolley/street-car and you just walk/drive right over them....you can even see them in one of the pix above.
I agree.some of my friends rave about the valet,but it is so close to park it yourself...........why bother??

I think I did sign up for the roll call for Dec 2nd,:eek: I will have to see why it did not show:eek:. hmmmm that is intersting. Thank you for letting me know
You're on it!:)

So nice to have a ship like the RD in Tampa(and next year the Jewel)...Tampa is the closest port to me..........1 1/2 hrs......wish they cruised year round...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived