Royal Clipper Shore Excursion Question?

FLAMINGONC

We are sailing on RC on January 22, 2011. Dominica Shore Excursion to Middleham Falls Hike and Sulphur SPA. How difficult is the hike to the falls? The explanation states a 45 minute hike to the falls. Also, can you depart the ship without a planned excursion and line up your own driver to take you to some of the Falls. That's what we want to see in Dominica. Thanks

I looked at the shore excursion e-booklet yesterday and was shocked by the prices - and in Euros yet !!

So I was wondering the same thing - can we book independant excursions ourselves and save a ton of money? We have always booked our own excursions.

Yes, you can do your own thing on shore--just get back to the ship in time. They will not wait for you because port overtime fees are REALLY expensive! :eek: Also, be careful about prepaying any private tours. Sometimes some ports can be skipped for various reasons.

We are already looking into private tours on St Lucia and Dominica. I am sure we can find something more to our liking and more reasonable. We have been to many Carribean Islands and are comfortable lining up our own tours. I understand the nature of the sailing ship and port times, so will find a tour/taxi driver who can be flexible and meet us when we get ashore and return us to the ship (usually at another location) way before last tender time. Your suggestion about not paying in advance is great advice. Thanks

Archived