Whats the most important thing youve forgotten to bring??

cruisin_cutie

My 16 year old son forgot his insulin! Our first day was at sea, but on the second day we were in port and I was able to go to the pharmacy first thing in the morning.

My sister (type 2 diabetes) forgot her metforman and went the entire cruise without it! We kept a close eye on her eating habits!

On my first cruise I forgot my sandals. I had them in the trunk of my car so I could put them on once we got to Miami. It was December and we drove to the airport in a snow storm to get to the airport. I realized it when we were in the air. Until we got our luggage I walked around in my ugly snow boots. Thankfully I had other shoes to get by.

I have also forgotten deodorant, but used my BF's since he uses aerosol.

Yup - I had them and all of our docs in a manilla folder. When I packed up my tote that I use for carryon/purse, somethings had to be rearranged when I added my regular purse stuff, and the folder got left on the dining room table!

This was a Christmas cruise - so we had driven 1 hour to my parents to see them, then started down the 2 hours to the airport hotel (flight was 6 or 7am, so we were staying the night). We pull into the hotel, and that's when I realized what was forgotten - since the hotel reservation printout was in the folder. We are 2 hours from home at this point, and it's 11pm. So back towards home we go - frantic phone calls to friends. Finally get someone - talk them through the secret way of breaking into our house (um, doesn't everyone have one?!!??), and he met us halfway. Checked into the hotel about 4am, had a 30 min nap, then a shower to wake up, and we were on our way.

Needless to say, this incident will NEVER be forgotten! DH will NEVER let me forget it - I must physically show him the passports before we pull out of the driveway.

Forgot my dress shoes for my suit. I tried renting some where they rented tuxes but they didn't have any left in my size. Still had casual shoes so I went casual on formal night.

We forgot directions and times to churches on our return to Galveston. We had made a list of all the Catholic chruches and times around Galveston and Houston so depending on the time we got off the Conquest we would have several options we could stop at on our way through. Forgot it and ended up stopping several times looking for one. That only added about 2 hours to our trip back home.

Last but not least, I forgot to bring any work with me :)

I remembered to BRING all of my stuff. What I didn't remember was very embarrassing. Years ago you HAD to put all of your luggage out in the hall the last night so you had to remember to keep everything you needed for the next morning with you. Remembered everything except my BRA. Luckily I had a tshirt on and then a pick over shirt that I could kind of hide in. Felt really bad until the gal next to me said she was wearing her husbands briefs as she had forgot a pair of undies for herself (I never had the guts to ask her what her husband was wearing, perphaps he was going comando!). Never pulled that stunt again. Now we simply wheel our own luggage off the ship and I sure like that better. Lydia of Ohio

I did the same thing...put the luggage outside the door with my bras in it...no problems in customs though. The customs guy was VERY nice. I'm thinking smugglers should go braless :D

We'd been on numerous cruises and I should know how to pack but....we were headed to the airport to fly to Florida for a B2B cruise on the Destiny when I realized I'd left ALL my dresses home. I had only shorts, swimsuits and coverups for 10 days of cruising. We couldn't go to the formal dinners in the dining room and the buffet food on this ship was really not very good:(

On my second cruise, my husband's first on the Victory the airline lost ALL of our luggage. All four bags, which we never received until after we got off the ship. We had to buy everything and only had necessity items, dh is a big and tall guy and we stopped at a Big and Tall Shop in South Florida and paid out the nose for a few items to get him by until we got our luggage (two pair of shorts, one swimsuit, pkg of underwear, pkg of socks and two shirts for over $600.00) - which ended up being the whole trip. We found out we got by on very little and still had a great time (better there with nothing than at home working in the cold snowy winter). The things we missed most were his CPAP, my underwear (ended up with bikini underwear that said hot chick on it - great for a teenager, not for a grandma), and a bathing suit for me (all bathings suits found in ports were definitely not designed for a middle aged woman). Other than doing alot of laundrey we got by and still had a good time - have learned to take the other three items and a few of his clothes on a carry on....always. The airline did reimburse us for all money spent replacing items we needed, and put us in first class on the way home but also lost two of our four bags on the way home. We don't fly with them anymore:)

I think I'd give up flying all together

Did your hubby get a picture of your Hot Chick underwear on you??:D:D

parents have. I forgot 2 things once. I once got to the cruise port (it was at port canaveral and didn't think till we were checked in) and realized i forgot my small purse that i carry my room key card in. I got home and it was sitting on the end of the bed when i got home.

The other time was when my mom didn't think about packing the aloe vera and i got badly sunburned and the shop was all out. So i spent that the whole rest of the cruise in pain and stiff because of the sunburn.:eek:

This time i'm not forgetting it and i'm sure it will be the first thing packed!

There's no way I could forget my DH's CPAP machine! :eek: I can't imagine a week without that..... It always goes in the carry on.

However, I did forget to pack his pain pills one time. Oops! :o He has a bad back and knees, and he especially needs to take a pain pill after a lot of walking. We did a ruins tour.....lots of walking. He was not a happy camper...... I will not make that mistake again.

One time, I somehow ended up with only 2 pair of undies for myself on a 7 day cruise. I did a lot of washing....

I am so paranoid about forgetting to take the passports, that I insist on physically putting my hands on them after getting in the vehicle, before we back out the driveway. LOL!

ABOUT 5 CRUISES AGO, I MADE UP A MASTER LIST ON WORD PAD, IN MY DOCUMENTS.

EVERY CRUISE, I ADD TO IT, BUT I PRINT IT OUT, AND LEAVE IT ON MY DESK TO REMIND ME.

I'M VERY ORGANIZED!!! :cool:

LOL - at least I'm not the only one. :p Our first cruise seemed like an ordeal getting packed. Had to leave for the airport at 4am the morning of the cruise. Got in the car and had the thought that I wanted to make sure the coffee maker was off. Went back in, walked back to say goodbye to the kitties one more time and found all of DH's dress clothes for formal night hanging on the back of the bedroom door. Quick re-pack and we were on our way.

Now I have an excel spreadsheet I customize for each trip. It has everything - even the little stuff on it. It gets checked off the sheet when it goes in the suitcase so I know I have everything. It also has sections for checking off pre-cruise stuff like funpass done, arranging petsitter, cleaning out fridge, resetting the thermostat, etc - all that little stuff we seem to scramble to do before each trip.

This is more in the category of thought I forgot, but it was too late, and stuck deep in the suitcase. When I was on the Glory last May, I packed a pair of black socks for the elegant nights. When I opened my suitcase, there was only one black sock that I found. I had to wear my white socks with my sportcoat/slacks/black shoes for the elegant nights. It wasn't until it was too late that the other sock was in the suitcase.

• 4 weeks later...
On my second cruise, my husband's first on the Victory the airline lost ALL of our luggage. All four bags, which we never received until after we got off the ship.......The airline did reimburse us for all money spent replacing items we needed, and put us in first class on the way home but also lost two of our four bags on the way home. We don't fly with them anymore:)

holy cow! which airline???? thank goodness it turned out ok.

i guess there is a silver lining.....after they paid you back, you ended up w/ free clothes, and a first class trip back lol but probably still not worth the stress

My daughter forgot to pack dress shoes and had to wear her gym shoes with her formal outfit. I still have the picture hanging on the wall!

that would be so embarrassing! i think id skip the dinner lol

On my first cruise I forgot my sandals. I realized it when we were in the air. Until we got our luggage I walked around in my ugly snow boots.

haha, with shorts?? with pants it wouldnt be so bad!

there are a lot of doozies on here! passports, credit cards, insulin, CPAPs... those are pretty important :eek::eek::eek:

my tooth brush.at home...and left both my Magnifying mirrors in the bath on board

TWO magnifying mirrors? I don't have anything I want to see magnified with even ONE magnifying mirror! Are you sure you didn't leave them on board purposely??

For anyone who knows what they are, I forgot my Hollywood Cover-ups one time which meant about half my clothes couldn't be worn without me looking indecent.

Archived