Whats the most important thing youve forgotten to bring??

cruisin_cutie

What is the most important thing that you accidentally forgot to bring on your trip?

Ive dreamt that ive forgotten to bring any money, or any clothes, but the worst thing ive forgotten to bring was my black pants. so simple i know, but i really needed them! they were the basis for lie 3-5 MDR dinner outfits so it was pretty important that i bring them. I dont remember what i ended up wearing to dinner those nites, maybe i bought sundresses or something, cant remember as it was 7 yrs ago

so what about you? any doozies :eek:

What is the most important thing that you accidentally forgot to bring on your trip?

Ive dreamt that ive forgotten to bring any money, or any clothes, but the worst thing ive forgotten to bring was my black pants. so simple i know, but i really needed them! they were the basis for lie 3-5 MDR dinner outfits so it was pretty important that i bring them. I dont remember what i ended up wearing to dinner those nites, maybe i bought sundresses or something, cant remember as it was 7 yrs ago

Not me but a friend - my 1st cruise, sharing a room with her and my godson who was then 4 years old. She packed and repacked about 10 times before we left (starting about a month ahead of time).......well the last time she repacked - she left ALL of her sons underwear home! All he had was the pair he wore onto the ship and we were washing undies all week for him and hoping they dried hung on the clothes line in the bathroom.

BTW, hair dryers work great for that last minute, got to get off the ship for an excursion, dampness

If you want to know what your hair looks like from the back, a mirror, even a small one

as those mirrors mounted on the walls, do not come out far enough to be able to see the back of your head.

Just saying, I was surprised at my need for that extra mirror. Just once a day, before leaving the Cabin, and when checking before formal night.

Don't trust a DH who could care less, because he is hungry and, wants to go...

I already have it packed for my next cruise

On our first cruise we had to leave for the airport at 1:00 am, flight left at 5:00 am. When we landed in Florida how ever many hours later I realized my PRESCRIPTION sun glasses were in the glove box of our car in the airport parking lot. All of our pictures on that trip show DH and our BF's in sunglasses and me squinting like crazy against the sun.:(

I didn't forget them for the second cruise and have already alerted DH to remind me to take them with me for our next cruise which is in 5 weeks, YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:D

Our first cruise my dad dropped us off at the pier in Miami....as we were in the building...my son realized he was wearing his prescription sunglasses and his regular glasses were in Papa's car....thankfully my father had his cellphone on and knew how to answer it......

On our last cruise we went back to Canada (4th time).....we NEVER got to sit out in the sun because of the weather....I packed a bathing suit just in case...but never packed suntan lotion.....this time we were able to sit out 3 out of 4 days.....I was borrowing lotion from someone we knew who happened to be on the same cruise.....

A few cruises ago I changed purses right before we left. I only put what I thought I'd really need in the new one. We got to the airport after staying overnight at the airport hotel and I went to pull out my driver's license. OOPS :eek: and I was the one who does the driving. Luckily we invested in passports prior to our first cruise so I had no problems.

My husband's CPAP! Luckily, we were driving to the port (it was a 12 hr drive to begin with) and I asked him about an hour down the road if he had packed it. I screamed at his stupidity for the whole return trip back to the house to pick it up. He simply cannot travel without it because he snores horribly (which would keep me, and guests in neighboring cabins awake - yes, it is THAT bad) and gets exhausted quickly.

It's always something big, every time. The right bra. CONDITIONER- that's a biggie. My hair frizzes beyond belief in the salt and sea air- in the gift shop, if you can find it, it's 30 bucks. The worst I ever saw was this poor couple whose baby son threw his ONLY BOTTLE into the drink at port in NYC. No bottle. No bottles on the ship (although you would think about 100 get found/left behind each cruise). Screaming baby. Trip with in laws. Thankfully another mom donated a bottle to them- wrong nipple, but hey.

It seems like every trip out of an East Coast, non-Miami, non-FLL port stops at Port Canaveral and we have taken the crew shuttle to Walgreen's to get emergency items (hydrocortisone for a child's chafing that was so bad he couldn't swim and then walk, capisce?).

I think the gift shop should carry more drug store type items. It would save a $60 trip to the ship's MD when the only thing needed is a very large band aid or something like that.....

My husband's CPAP! Luckily, we were driving to the port (it was a 12 hr drive to begin with) and I asked him about an hour down the road if he had packed it. I screamed at his stupidity for the whole return trip back to the house to pick it up. He simply cannot travel without it because he snores horribly (which would keep me, and guests in neighboring cabins awake - yes, it is THAT bad) and gets exhausted quickly.

LOL! I could have written the exact same post - only we flew from WI to San Diego! I was the dummy who didn't triple check to make sure my DH has his machine - guess what - he didn't :eek: Needless to say, I didn't get a lot of sleep on our 14 night Hawaiian cruise and I wonder if people in the neigboring cabins did!

I'm exhausted reading all these horror stories! :eek: I'm starting to pack today and I have a big pile sitting at the foot of our bed with stuff that I do not want to forget. If I think of something I need to take, I immediately go get it and put it with the other stuff. Trying to be normal day after day is exhausting. :D

I remembered to BRING all of my stuff. What I didn't remember was very embarrassing. Years ago you HAD to put all of your luggage out in the hall the last night so you had to remember to keep everything you needed for the next morning with you. Remembered everything except my BRA. Luckily I had a tshirt on and then a pick over shirt that I could kind of hide in. Felt really bad until the gal next to me said she was wearing her husbands briefs as she had forgot a pair of undies for herself (I never had the guts to ask her what her husband was wearing, perphaps he was going comando!). Never pulled that stunt again. Now we simply wheel our own luggage off the ship and I sure like that better. Lydia of Ohio

On my second cruise, my husband's first on the Victory the airline lost ALL of our luggage. All four bags, which we never received until after we got off the ship. We had to buy everything and only had necessity items, dh is a big and tall guy and we stopped at a Big and Tall Shop in South Florida and paid out the nose for a few items to get him by until we got our luggage (two pair of shorts, one swimsuit, pkg of underwear, pkg of socks and two shirts for over $600.00) - which ended up being the whole trip. We found out we got by on very little and still had a great time (better there with nothing than at home working in the cold snowy winter). The things we missed most were his CPAP, my underwear (ended up with bikini underwear that said hot chick on it - great for a teenager, not for a grandma), and a bathing suit for me (all bathings suits found in ports were definitely not designed for a middle aged woman). Other than doing alot of laundrey we got by and still had a good time - have learned to take the other three items and a few of his clothes on a carry on....always. The airline did reimburse us for all money spent replacing items we needed, and put us in first class on the way home but also lost two of our four bags on the way home. We don't fly with them anymore:)

On my second cruise, my husband's first on the Victory the airline lost ALL of our luggage. All four bags, which we never received until after we got off the ship. We had to buy everything and only had necessity items, dh is a big and tall guy and we stopped at a Big and Tall Shop in South Florida and paid out the nose for a few items to get him by until we got our luggage (two pair of shorts, one swimsuit, pkg of underwear, pkg of socks and two shirts for over $600.00) - which ended up being the whole trip. We found out we got by on very little and still had a great time (better there with nothing than at home working in the cold snowy winter). The things we missed most were his CPAP, my underwear (ended up with bikini underwear that said hot chick on it - great for a teenager, not for a grandma), and a bathing suit for me (all bathings suits found in ports were definitely not designed for a middle aged woman). Other than doing alot of laundrey we got by and still had a good time - have learned to take the other three items and a few of his clothes on a carry on....always. The airline did reimburse us for all money spent replacing items we needed, and put us in first class on the way home but also lost two of our four bags on the way home. We don't fly with them anymore:)

Can I ask what ariline was this!? I wanna make sure to steer clear fo them in the future:p

I always have dreams about forgetting things like our passports or money, all the important stuff that you HAVE to have. So far the worst thing I have forgotten was my DH's only tie for formal night, it just slipped my mind lol, luckily my sister who has a 15 year old son and her hubby had a few extras so we just borrowed from her:rolleyes: Hopefully I don't forget anything for our cruise in 54 days! :eek:

I got a dozzie. I pulled out my credit card to call EZCruise on a last minute booking and left it in my chair. No credit card for my S&S card. I barely had enough cash to pay my tips and a little extra. I tried to go home, but realized I would miss the ship (almost missed it due to driving north for an hour then going back south and then getting caught in the storm and traffic in Houston)

I think no credit card is my worst. couldnt shop onboard. About killed me. :(

Archived