hampton inn-mystery hotel

maryevelyn

[quote name='grannymae']So what if the hotel wants to charge for the extra person? Or does it matter?[/quote]
I was told to be sure and have my receipt that shows 4 people are booked/paid for this hotel (from bookit) but there should be no problem. So will keep my fingers crossed there will be no problem. I'm not worried, I think it will be fine.

[quote name='Maxine']I finally called the hotel about the free area shuttle that is listed on the site - I have seen it both on the Hampton site and also on Book-It site. The man who answered the phone said that they should remove that from their site as it isn't free. He said it is free to the airport and cruiseport but there is a charge to use it for transport in the area.[/quote]
He's right, they should remove it from the website.

It's 3 a.m. and I just booked the mystery room. It is the Hampton Inn on Stirling. My price with taxes is $79.84 for Jan. 6, 2011.

I sure hope it has the shuttles talked about here. I only see "area shuttles" which are said not to be free on this thread.

there is also a $20 cancellation fee, but, like has been said if its clean and near both the airport & cruise port, its a room and hopefully has all the perks talked about.

Thanks for the info and now I can check out the ports. lol
Cruise booked!
Air booked!
Room booked!!!!!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Now I can really get excited!!

Marianne

I booked the Hampton Inn about a week ago. Following the advice of some of you, I called to confirm my reservation and found out that the reservation number given to Bookit was wrong, and thus my reservation number on the confirmation e-mail from Bookit was wrong. Hampton had my name and reservation correct, but they had to give me the new number.

For anyone that has stayed here, I guess we've determined that the "area shuttle" is not free, but do they charge the same as a regular taxi then? Fiance and I were going to go to the water taxi for a day and shuttle around Ft. Lauderdale but unsure how much a ride there would cost.

[quote name='funnyguy90']I booked the Hampton Inn about a week ago. Following the advice of some of you, I called to confirm my reservation and found out that the reservation number given to Bookit was wrong, and thus my reservation number on the confirmation e-mail from Bookit was wrong. Hampton had my name and reservation correct, but they had to give me the new number.

For anyone that has stayed here, I guess we've determined that the "area shuttle" is not free, but do they charge the same as a regular taxi then? Fiance and I were going to go to the water taxi for a day and shuttle around Ft. Lauderdale but unsure how much a ride there would cost.[/quote]

When I spoke to the man at the hotel who told me the area shuttle wasn't free I quickly asked him about the cost to go over to "Sweet Tomatos" in the shopping center. I knew that was close to the hotel and was the only thing I could think of off the top of my head. He quoted $5. per person. I didn't get to ask him if this was round-trip as he put me on hold and after awhile I just hung up. That is the second time I called here and was put on hold for a rather long wait and both times I finally hung up without my questions being answered. I think perhaps this young man is overworked as I am sure I spoke to the same person both times. By the way, he was very courteous.

[quote name='Dall']I was told to be sure and have my receipt that shows 4 people are booked/paid for this hotel (from bookit) but there should be no problem. So will keep my fingers crossed there will be no problem. I'm not worried, I think it will be fine.[/quote]
Thank you for answering my question-looks like there a bunch of us wondering about the same thing. I always keep all the paper stuff that goes with booking everything-just to be sure.

[quote name='grannymae']Thank you for answering my question-looks like there a bunch of us wondering about the same thing. I always keep all the paper stuff that goes with booking everything-just to be sure.[/quote]

I hope mine is in order as I put my dates in the other day under Mystery hotel and it comes up as no rooms available. I really don't care for lobby sleeping. LOL.

I also booked this hotel about 2 weeks ago - for Jan 27th on bookit. Never used them before, but I've never been disappointed with Hampton Inn. It's nice to have breakfast, but the airport shuttle is the dealmaker. And SAS will pick up from the hotel and bring us to Port of Miami. That reservation is made too.
These guys are on it!

[quote name='Maxine']When I spoke to the man at the hotel who told me the area shuttle wasn't free I quickly asked him about the cost to go over to "Sweet Tomatos" in the shopping center. I knew that was close to the hotel and was the only thing I could think of off the top of my head. He quoted $5. per person. I didn't get to ask him if this was round-trip as he put me on hold and after awhile I just hung up. That is the second time I called here and was put on hold for a rather long wait and both times I finally hung up without my questions being answered. I think perhaps this young man is overworked as I am sure I spoke to the same person both times. By the way, he was very courteous.[/quote]
Maxine, I had the same problem a few nights ago, was put on hold several times, call was disconnected several times, and when I rang for the 5th time (twice it rang 20 times with no answer) the call went into the central location for Hampton Inns. They were always very nice when they answered the phone.

[quote name='elycelynne']I haven't taken the taxi yet (cruise isn't until February), but another poster mentioned that it would be between $20 and $30, depending on traffic. (Still not bad when you factor in the free airport shuttle and free breakfast.)[/quote]
Oops...thanks for the correction as well as the information! The wishes for a great cruise still stand!

[quote name='elycelynne']I haven't taken the taxi yet (cruise isn't until February), but another poster mentioned that it would be between $20 and $30, depending on traffic. (Still not bad when you factor in the free airport shuttle and free breakfast.)[/quote]
Oops again! Sorry Elycelynne...I thought I was responding to Rayefan...it has been a looong day! Yes, I do believe that even at $20-$30 for a taxi it is a good deal just for the convenience of not having to wait for the hotel van. I think I read somewhere on the boards that the van for the Hampton Inn also picks up at the property next door (Comfort Inn?).

The hotel looks like it could be a little tired but I've yet to stay in an unacceptable Hampton Inn and the price is right.

My mom and I just got back from our cruise and stayed at the Hampton on Stirling which we booked through bookit.com for $63.00. Although we requested two beds when we made the reservation they were prepared to put us into a king bed room. They said the only accommodations available with two beds was a suite which we could have for the same price. Our photos are not yet available but it was nice! It had two TV's, a fully usable kitchen, and the sofa and beds were very comfortable. We asked about restaurants in walking distance and were told that the restaurants in the mall area were actually about a half hour walk away. That seemed too far for us. We could see a Chipotle right across the street and a Taco Bell and McDonalds right on the other side of the Comfort Inn next door. We picked up food and ate it in our kitchen. The free breakfast the next morning was very busy. My mom said the free coffee with flavored creamers in the lobby was delicious. The shuttle was free to the cruise port and we had a choice of 10:45 or 11:45. Eager to board the ship we chose the early one. They talked us into purchasing a ride back from the cruise port to the airport for $8.00 apiece and it worked out fine. If anyone has any questions I'd be glad to answer them.

On the night of the 15th we tired walking and walking and walking to find those restraunts but, just couldn't seem to get to a decent road to cross over. We ended up at McDonalds and ate it at the hotel.

When I called the week prior to checking in I asked to make sure we had two beds as O was cruising with my sister and never was given a problem. Both nights we had two double beds.

I also have this hotel booked although I paid a little more, $110, in order to have "free" parking for the week. I just called to find out about the shuttle and was told it runs 2x on Saturday...usually around 10:30 and 11:30, but I could not reserve a space until I checked in. We will not be checking in until 10pm....so I think we will need to take a taxi....if anyone has any further info on the taxi price please post! Thanks!!

[quote name='CariBear']I also have this hotel booked although I paid a little more, $110, in order to have "free" parking for the week. I just called to find out about the shuttle and was told it runs 2x on Saturday...usually around 10:30 and 11:30, but I could not reserve a space until I checked in. We will not be checking in until 10pm....so I think we will need to take a taxi....if anyone has any further info on the taxi price please post! Thanks!![/quote]

When we booked the shuttle the day before the cruise there were lots of pages with times, cruiselines, etc. There were two times for our cruise, the Eurodam, but other times for other cruiselines. The last time we stayed at Hyatt Place No. the shuttle wait was much more disorganized than it was at the Hampton. I can see no reason to take a cab when the shuttle is provided as part of your package. Something else that I haven't seen mentioned on here is that the Hampton also offered us a ride to the airport after the cruise at $8 per person which is just about equal to the $15. cabfare we paid. You have to sign up at the hotel before you leave for your cruise.

[quote name='Maxine'] Something else that I haven't seen mentioned on here is that the Hampton also offered us a ride to the airport after the cruise at $8 per person which is just about equal to the $15. cabfare we paid. You have to sign up at the hotel before you leave for your cruise.[/quote]

We did that as well figuring a cab would cost at least that much. They told us to look for the orange vehicle. One arrived ten minutes after we got off the ship.

[quote name='Maxine']I hope mine is in order as I put my dates in the other day under Mystery hotel and it comes up as no rooms available. I really don't care for lobby sleeping. LOL.[/quote]
Our cruise is Feburary 25-so in January I will call the hotel to make sure everything is in order.
No lobby sleeping wouldn't be fun!

[quote name='realtrip']hi
I just booked for Jan. 7 with bookit and got the Hampton on sterling too. $91.20, 3 guests.[/quote]

Curious which cruise u are taking. We will be at the Hampton on Jan. 6, 2011 as our cruise leaves on Jan. 7, 2011. We are on the Emerald Princess, 10 day, Eastern Caribbean.

[IMG]http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp63279%3Enu%3D3363%3E%3B58%3E%3A49%3EWSNRCG%3D35729769%3B%3B337nu0mrj[/IMG]

[IMG]http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp6324%3A%3Enu%3D3363%3E%3B58%3E%3A49%3EWSNRCG%3D3572965988337nu0mrj[/IMG]

[IMG]http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp63274%3Enu%3D3363%3E%3B58%3E%3A49%3EWSNRCG%3D357296597%3B337nu0mrj[/IMG]

[IMG]http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp633%3A2%3Enu%3D3363%3E%3B58%3E%3A49%3EWSNRCG%3D357296%3C4%3B6337nu0mrj[/IMG]

There was also a refrigerator you can't see.

[quote name='Name Of The Game'][IMG]http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp63279%3Enu%3D3363%3E%3B58%3E%3A49%3EWSNRCG%3D35729769%3B%3B337nu0mrj[/IMG]

[IMG]http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp6324%3A%3Enu%3D3363%3E%3B58%3E%3A49%3EWSNRCG%3D3572965988337nu0mrj[/IMG]

[IMG]http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp63274%3Enu%3D3363%3E%3B58%3E%3A49%3EWSNRCG%3D357296597%3B337nu0mrj[/IMG]

[IMG]http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp633%3A2%3Enu%3D3363%3E%3B58%3E%3A49%3EWSNRCG%3D357296%3C4%3B6337nu0mrj[/IMG]

There was also a refrigerator you can't see.[/quote]

Thanks for the pix. I have the same pix at my old house (different color circles) - hahahaha.

Archived