Has anyone requested an additinal chair for balcony?

dtguy111278

We had a balcony off of the hump that was huge and requested 2 extra chairs for our daughters across the hall. We were in Concierge Class and they finally showed up on the morning of the 3rd day of the cruise. Our stateroom attendant said it was hard to find a couple of extra chairs but he found them. I did see one of the regular balconies and there is not much room for an extra chair with the two chairs and the table, but good luck with the request.

• 3 months later...

OP, I would like to know if you ended up getting your extra chair. There are 3 of us adults sailing on Solstice concierge class on the hump with huge balcony. I would really love to hear if anyone else has a response to this question. I am actually considering buying a Lounge Lizard portable lounge chair to bring onboard if our chances are slim. We will be spending a lot of time on the balcony together, so having the chair as an extra checked back on the flight down would be worth it to me, if it looks like it might be necessary.

Sailed on the Solstice two years ago. Had a large balcony on the hump in a C1. There were 3 adults. I asked for a lounge chair and had one within a few hours. So we had two chairs, two stools and a full size lounger. We still had plent of room and enjoyed that lounger the entire cruise.

On Solstice last April (in a SS), we asked for another chair and were told it may be very tough to get one. By the time we came back to the cabin change for dinner, the extra chair was there. I think your cabin attendant will do what s/he can but with no guarantees. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies! I know all you light packers will think I'm nuts, but the 3rd chair on the balcony is too important to me to leave it to the mercy of our cabin steward. I found a good deal on a lightweight zero-gravity lounge chair with a carry bag. My daughter is going to check it on our flight as a second bag. It might turn out to be the most comfortable seat on the balcony!

loungechair.jpg

It's ordered and on the way from Overstock as we speak! It didn't occur to me that the rules might not allow us to put a personal chair on the balcony, but I guess if there is any objection, we could always just fold it up and stow it under the bed when not in use.

Thanks again, everyone, for your responses.

Suzanne

Archived