Glory is in port 10/11/10

mitchpam

I am currently watching the Glory in port. This is a sight not seen too terribly often for me and it is a thrill! What is funny to me is that people come here to see Maine; the leaves, the lobster, the charm and the beauty. Meanwhile I am asking myself "why do I live here?". Every year, about this time, I begin to wonder why I put up with the cold weather and the quickly fading daylight hours... and I begin to dream about cruising in the Carribean or just heading as close to the equator as possible. I really think it is COOL that Portland Maine is a destination and it gives me great pride to see the Glory out there in the harbor... but MAN I wish I could ride her down the the warmer, bluer waters to the south!! Hope you all enjoy... take a peek at her if you want...

http://lafayettehotels.biz/media/webcams/holiday-inn-by-the-bay/

I am currently watching the Glory in port. This is a sight not seen too terribly often for me and it is a thrill! What is funny to me is that people come here to see Maine; the leaves, the lobster, the charm and the beauty. Meanwhile I am asking myself "why do I live here?". Every year, about this time, I begin to wonder why I put up with the cold weather and the quickly fading daylight hours... and I begin to dream about cruising in the Carribean or just heading as close to the equator as possible. I really think it is COOL that Portland Maine is a destination and it gives me great pride to see the Glory out there in the harbor... but MAN I wish I could ride her down the the warmer, bluer waters to the south!! Hope you all enjoy... take a peek at her if you want...

http://lafayettehotels.biz/media/webcams/holiday-inn-by-the-bay/

Couldn't see the pic but we are sailing on her on Sun. yay!!!!

You are welcome. The leaves are beautiful and the weather is sunny and blue skies.... but only 52 degrees. Hope you have a great cruise.

cherishrwil... the link should open to a webcam that shows the Glory docked in Portland.

Meanwhile I am asking myself "why do I live here?". Every year, about this time, I begin to wonder why I put up with the cold weather and the quickly fading daylight hours... and I begin to dream about cruising in the Carribean or just heading as close to the equator as possible.

We have a friend who moved to Maine upon retirement (basically to follow one of his children) and is now asking the same question you are asking!

haha

Funny you wrote about visiting to see the Fall colors, etc. as my wife and I are planning a late September trip next year(after the March Carribean cruise) up to your area. Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, etc. Flying into Boston, renting a car and heading north.

Looking forward to seeing things, just not the cold. :)

We are here because it is "home" and just about all of our family is here... but MAN the cold and the dark are hard to take... not to mention that I have this "wanderlust" that seems incurable, but is certainly made worse during the cold season!

I took pics of her coming into port this morning, thanks for the link to the cam, i have watched them on the sunset marina cam and is a clear short across the channel to the pier ,port harbor marine also has a cam site ......lots of ships in this fall

We were up there last week! Funny thing was I hadn't had a cold in a few years. Got one just before we left. After out stop in Portland and walking around in the cool air all day I really started to feel better. I told my husband that Maine was just what I needed to shake the cold. Great trip by the way,,,,,,,,,,,,and really enjoyed the "Behind the Fun" tour.:)

Archived