Captains club status

erms

My next cruise will put me in elite status but do I get my new perks on that cruise or do I have to wait for the next cruise?

Thanks you,

Esther

How many cruise do you need for Elite status:cool:

the equvalent of 10. you get double for over 12 days, suites, & aqua class, so you don't have to take 10 individual cruises. ad

Close, but for clarification it is 12 nights and over gets the extra credit, not over 12. Also Concierge Class receives an extra credit in addition to suites and Aqua Class.

On my Nov. 20th 2 week cruise, I will achieve 10 credits after the first week, but Captains Club informs me that I will not receive benefits until after the cruise is completed. This doesn't seem fair. Someone wrote in that if on a b2b and you reach 10 credits after the 1st leg, that you qualify on the 2nd leg. If that is true, why the difference???

Isn't it after you have 9 cruise credits you are elite and on your 10th cruise the elite perks kick in?

Also, does anyone know if after completing 9 cruises (or cruise credits) on Celebrity, will the elite status be honored on RCL or do you have to cruise once as elite with Celebrity (10th cruise) first?:rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

Isn't it after you have 9 cruise credits you are elite and on your 10th cruise the elite perks kick in?

Also, does anyone know if after completing 9 cruises (or cruise credits) on Celebrity, will the elite status be honored on RCL or do you have to cruise once as elite with Celebrity (10th cruise) first?:rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

It's the 1 cruise for 14 days versus 2 cruises of 7 days each. One booking number versus two.

Judy

FlaCruzers,

You will have to have completed your 10th cruise in order to become an elite. The only way you will become an elite prior to your 10th is that you will have to sail in a suite and/or a cruise over 12 nights.

Sorry to break it to you.

Anita

On my Nov. 20th 2 week cruise, I will achieve 10 credits after the first week, but Captains Club informs me that I will not receive benefits until after the cruise is completed. This doesn't seem fair. Someone wrote in that if on a b2b and you reach 10 credits after the 1st leg, that you qualify on the 2nd leg. If that is true, why the difference???

It is my understanding that Captains Club points are awarded for completed cruises and not for completed weeks. So your points for a cruise will not be awarded until after the entire cruise is completed. B2B cruises are different as they are booked and treated as two separate cruises - for example you have two different booking numbers for your two cruises, close out your on-board account and start a new one, get a new seapass card, and get new coupons and other materials at the start of the second cruise. Since they are treated as two separate cruises at the turn around day a b2b guest has completed an entire cruise and is starting the next one as opposed to half of a single cruise.

Jackie - Lsimon is correct. The 2 week cruise is considered as one cruise. Credits do not kick in until after your cruise is completed. You can look forward to being Elite on your next Celebrity cruise.

The b2b's are considered 2 separate cruises. Thus, the difference.

See you on board on the 20th! :)

Beth

You will not achieve 10 credits after the first week, you achieve it after the full cruise...by using your reasoning I could go on a one week cruise and ask for my credits after 4 days because last year I went on a 4 day cruise and got the credit.....That is the difference, your cruise is considered one cruise, the b2b is two cruises..

I have just returned from my cruise 4th Oct, which gave me 3 extra credits and should now be Select statice,however I have just looked on CC website and I am still Clasic! do they change instantly or does it take a while? :confused:

I have just returned from my cruise 4th Oct, which gave me 3 extra credits and should now be Select statice,however I have just looked on CC website and I am still Clasic! do they change instantly or does it take a while? :confused:

Give it a couple of weeks and then call the CC if not changed...

U get credits for cruises not #s of days - so someone cld take lots of 3-4-5 even 7 day cruises over those taking 10-12-14+ day cruises & reach a high Captains Club level much quicker & cheaper... For example, someone cruises for 35 days and is in a suite so they get 2 credits (1 for the cruise & 1 for the suite)..and someone cruises for 4 days in a suite and gets 2 credits as well...:O

I know for myself, I wld be thoroughly 'ticked' off...if I was the 35 day cruiser but of course, delighted if I was the 4 day cruiser!

Is Celebrity trying to encourage short cruises over longer ones - sounds like it to me?

There is something wrong with this scenario but JMO....

U get credits for cruises not #s of days - so someone cld take lots of 3-4-5 even 7 day cruises over those taking 10-12-14+ day cruises & reach a high Captains Club level much quicker & cheaper... For example, someone cruises for 35 days and is in a suite so they get 2 credits (1 for the cruise & 1 for the suite)..and someone cruises for 4 days in a suite and gets 2 credits as well...:O

I know for myself, I wld be thoroughly 'ticked' off...if I was the 35 day cruiser but of course, delighted if I was the 4 day cruiser!

Is Celebrity trying to encourage short cruises over longer ones - sounds like it to me?

There is something wrong with this scenario but JMO....

This definitely favours those who live close to a departure port and can take short cruises frequently - often at last minute cheap rates. However, Celebrity has to have some criteria and this must seem to be the best choice for them. I suppose those who live close to a port have a wide choice of cruise lines, so Celebrity wants to have them 'hooked', to fill empty cabins and collect their on board dollars! I was a little put out to find that a $3000 Xpedition cruise earned the same as a three day Caribbean, but at least the rules are clearly stated. Incidentally a 35 day cruise would get an extra point for being over 13 days, so 3 points if CC or above.

Sheila

Incidentally a 35 day cruise would get an extra point for being over 13 days, so 3 points if CC or above.

Sheila

As Gonzo70 mentioned earlier in this thread, it is a 12 night or longer cruise that gets an extra cruise credit so an 13 days (12 night) cruise would get that extra credit also.

This definitely favours those who live close to a departure port and can take short cruises frequently - often at last minute cheap rates. Sheila

If you plan well, you can get your credits up quick. We did our b2b2b on the Navigator (RCI) out of Barcelona in 2008. That was a 4 day and 2x 5 day cruises, so 3 credits for a 14 day cruise, plus we had a Junior Suite, so got 6 credits altogether!

Simon

This definitely favours those who live close to a departure port and can take short cruises frequently - often at last minute cheap rates. However, Celebrity has to have some criteria and this must seem to be the best choice for them. I suppose those who live close to a port have a wide choice of cruise lines, so Celebrity wants to have them 'hooked', to fill empty cabins and collect their on board dollars! I was a little put out to find that a $3000 Xpedition cruise earned the same as a three day Caribbean, but at least the rules are clearly stated. Incidentally a 35 day cruise would get an extra point for being over 13 days, so 3 points if CC or above.

Sheila

Didn't know about the extra cruise credit - thanks for the info..:)

I still say something is wrong with this and predict...that soon it will be based on days not cruises..Getting too many folks reaching higher levels too quickly...but JMO...

Have happy cruisin'! :)

Archived