Anyone done a day pass at the Hilton Hotel?

dtraveler2006

We spent a day off there last December on one of the Millie's port-intensive Caribbean cruises. The grounds were lovely, the beach pretty empty, and there's a picturesque walk up the shore to the left. Lunch is available from the poolside bar and, presumably, at other spots in the hotel but we didn't go in except to use the change-rooms. If you're looking for a calm port day off the ship, this could fill the bill. Take a book.

We spent a day off there last December on one of the Millie's port-intensive Caribbean cruises. The grounds were lovely, the beach pretty empty, and there's a picturesque walk up the shore to the left. Lunch is available from the poolside bar and, presumably, at other spots in the hotel but we didn't go in except to use the change-rooms. If you're looking for a calm port day off the ship, this could fill the bill. Take a book.

Were umbrellas available for use on the beach? How and when did you contact the hotel for a day pass and how much was it?

My photos show umbrellas around the pools and on the beach. Parts of both are also shaded by palm trees. I've posted some pics at http://picasaweb.google.ca/porsena/HiltonBridgetown#

We'd spent three nights pre-cruise at the Hilton in San Juan, where I asked the concierge if a reservation for the Bridgetown day pass was advisable. He told me it wasn't needed, so our party of three just showed up at the hotel and bought passes from the front desk. I don't have a note or good memory of the price but I think it's posted somewhere else in this sub-forum.

Thanks for the photos--we hope they will have Day passes available when we cruise there in Feb.. (depends on the regular bookings at the hotel) They do not accept advance res.. but even without the pass we'll head over for lunch & a walk on the beach. Nice quiet day sounds great!!!

did you take a taxi? if so where did you get it from (inside or just outside the port area? & how much was it?

My photos show umbrellas around the pools and on the beach. Parts of both are also shaded by palm trees. I've posted some pics at http://picasaweb.google.ca/porsena/HiltonBridgetown#

We'd spent three nights pre-cruise at the Hilton in San Juan, where I asked the concierge if a reservation for the Bridgetown day pass was advisable. He told me it wasn't needed, so our party of three just showed up at the hotel and bought passes from the front desk. I don't have a note or good memory of the price but I think it's posted somewhere else in this sub-forum.

Thanks for the information. I love the pictures!

did you take a taxi? if so where did you get it from (inside or just outside the port area? & how much was it?

The taxi stand is just to the right outside the terminal exit. We took a shared cab that held about 8 people but were the only ones going to the Hilton. I don't remember the cost but it's posted elsewhere as $12.

thanks we'll head to the taxi stand--by terminal exit do you mean where the busses are parked or out of the port complex altogether?

do you know if there is a courtesy phone in the terminal to call the hotel?

We went last year. The water was a little rough but great for wave jumping. The hotel pool was pretty. The cost was $35 including lunch and a drink. We tipped the pool attendant to set up chairs and an umbrella on the beach. The taxi was $4 a person each way. We will probably do this again in January.

We went last December. We had called ahead and were told we could get our passes at the hotel. We picked up a taxi at the taxi stand and he wasn't very happy because it was only 4 of us. Hotel and grounds were beautiful. They told us we couldn't have the pass with lunch and a drink as promised but reduced the price and I can't remember what it was. We had to wait around 15 min. for an attendant to set us up somewhere. And I couldn't figure out what the problem was. The sea was definitely a wave jumping day. When we left again the taxi driver wasn't happy because he thought we were going to get his seats wet. Still had a nice afternoon despite all that, but won't do it again.

Diann

We went last December. We had called ahead and were told we could get our passes at the hotel. We picked up a taxi at the taxi stand and he wasn't very happy because it was only 4 of us. Hotel and grounds were beautiful. They told us we couldn't have the pass with lunch and a drink as promised but reduced the price and I can't remember what it was. We had to wait around 15 min. for an attendant to set us up somewhere. And I couldn't figure out what the problem was. The sea was definitely a wave jumping day. When we left again the taxi driver wasn't happy because he thought we were going to get his seats wet. Still had a nice afternoon despite all that, but won't do it again.

Diann

Did you have lunch there? We want to enjoy the pool & have lunch--the beach for us is only for the view!

Archived