Jackets on Informal nights Caribbean

The Mommy

Ray,

I presume you must have pressed the GO GREEN button on the cruise personaliser, which means you dont get the paper copy of the holiday book. This is useful as it also contains your personalised luggage labels. The paper ones you can print yourself arn't very strong.

You still have time for P&O to send you some if you contact them.

P&O have not been going to Catalina Island for almost two years, ever since Ventura ran aground and they had to pay a very large sum in compensation to the Dominican government.

Brian

We were on Ventura when it ran aground!

Hi All

I e mailed P&O and I have received a response.

On our sailing to Caribbean on 8th Jan it is now 4 formal, 2 informal and 8 casual.

On the travel summary online cruise personaliser it now says exactly the same.

So thats clear enough for me

Gail

Cruise personaliser now states 7 Formal 3 semi formal and 18 smart casual. I emailed P&O to check as never had semi formal on Caribbean fly cruises before and they confirmed the above as correct.

Not good news when we are already struggling with 23kgs for 28 nights!!

• 4 weeks later...
What exactly is the position on P & O regarding semi-formal nights? Are men refused entry to the MDR if not wearing a jacket? I ask because on RCI, only about 50% of men wore them, so my menfolk didn't bother the second night, because it was very hot in the dining room. We are actually on Ventura, so doesn't apply to us, but I just wondered?

Ventura seems to have its own rules regarding both dress code and alcohol, as do some of the passengers on this ship.

Semi formal on P&O ships that have this dress code is just that: jackets for men, (no tie),andthe proscribed dress code for ladies. Gentlemen will not be admitted to the MDR and some bars on formaland semi formal nights unless dressedin the appropriate manner: DJ onformal and a jacket on semi formal. Dark suit and bow tie on formalis also acceptable.

It's self explanatory in the brochure with even pictures of what is deemed appropriate.

Simples!!!

Archived