Hurricane Paula and cruise itinerary changes

shirljean

From what I can tell it is heading towards Costa Maya right now. We are getting on Radiance on this coming Sat. for back to back cruises. Wonder where we will be going?? Should be interesting. John & Priscilla

From what I can tell it is heading towards Costa Maya right now. We are getting on Radiance on this coming Sat. for back to back cruises. Wonder where we will be going?? Should be interesting. John & Priscilla

I've been wondering the same thing John. Not only do we need to keep an eye on Paula but Richard is waiting to be conceived shortly based on the weather models. I lurk on a Weather Forum and they expect him to show up while we are cruising....looks like the W. Caribbean is heating up with tropical activity. :mad: http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/239188-atlantic-tropical-action-2010-part-11/page__st__100

Grandeur leaves on Thursday 10/14 from FLL with Friday in Key West and Saturday in Cozumel. Paula is right in our path. My first cruise affected by weather. Where can we get updates from RC and what should we expect to have happen?

Grandeur leaves on Thursday 10/14 from FLL with Friday in Key West and Saturday in Cozumel. Paula is right in our path. My first cruise affected by weather. Where can we get updates from RC and what should we expect to have happen?

Any itinerary updates should be posted on the RCI website.

I just checked Royal Caribbean website for itinerary updates and nothing has been posted yet... I'm sailing on Radiance Western Caribbean this Saturday! :eek:

For a sailing on Saturday you wouldn't see an itinerary change this far in advance unless your scheduled ports were damaged. I know it feels really close for you but 5 days is a long time when it comes to tropical weather.:) Keep an eye on RCCL's website and the news page of Cruise Critic. If they announce an itinerary change in advance, it will appear in one of those two places.

Fingers crossed for all of you that the weather isn't an issue for your cruises.

We have friends sailing Radiance this week. Looking at hurricane reports, we were concerned about them. We heard from them today when Radiance docked in Costa Maya. They said things were not all that bad. This is a small hurricane, with winds only extending 15 miles out. They are now on their way to Belize and sea no problems. This is surprising, but very good news. We will join them on Radiance this Saturday.

Rick and Deirdra

Archived