Every time on QM2... why was I so tired?

mainewoods

I think the sleepiness can be attributed to being on the water - the ship's movement through the water, the pitching, yawing, rolling, brings back subconscious memories of being in the womb.

And the theater portion of the ship seems to be in the area where this motion can be felt most. This, combined with low lighting, meant I fell asleep every single time I tried to see a lecture (some of which I watched quite happily later in my cabin without dozing) or show within the first 10 minutes. My mother was so deep asleep at one of the lectures that she hadn't noticed I came in and sat next to her -- though I had to walk right in front of her to do so. Ha! I feel sorry for the lecturers, really!

Hi,

with oatmeal & fruit for breakfast,small meal at lunchtime and salad for dinner :eek: it's a wonder you can put one foot in front of the other.

Your body needs protein- and carbs will give you energy.With the movement of the ship and all that fresh air--no wonder you feel tired.

BTW -how do you resist all that fabulous food :).

Taffygirl: I try not to change the way I normally eat. I usually eat light/small meals, but often.

As as I read through everyone's posts, I think that the general theme is it's a combination of several factors; wonderful sea air, extensive walking, staying up later than normal (I'm an early to bed early to rise person), eating later (I usually eat dinner about 5:00 PM), excitement, gentle rocking (pretty smooth sailing luckily), etc. etc. etc...

Thanks all for your responses. I don't feel so bad now that I know that other folks also get sleepy while on board. I don't like being so tired while on vacation, but I guess it's pretty common - and easliy explained.:o

Archived