Cigar Lounge on Mercury?

hankandreds

It's been 4 yrs since we sailed on Celebrity. Has their smoking policy changed? In particular, I'm interested in knowing if there still is a cigar lounge on Mercury, or does one have to stand outside on a deck in the evening, drink in one hand cigar in the other, just to enjoy it?

I was on RCCL Explorer of the Seas 2 yrs ago, and they had a terrific cigar lounge, served drinks there, and allowed for great cammaraderie between those smoking cigars.

It's been 4 yrs since we sailed on Celebrity. Has their smoking policy changed? In particular, I'm interested in knowing if there still is a cigar lounge on Mercury, or does one have to stand outside on a deck in the evening, drink in one hand cigar in the other, just to enjoy it?

I was on RCCL Explorer of the Seas 2 yrs ago, and they had a terrific cigar lounge, served drinks there, and allowed for great cammaraderie between those smoking cigars.

No cigar lounge anymore, only a couple of places you can smoke cigars and they are outdoors. Celebrity's smoking policy is probably the strictest of any cruise line. No smoking in cabins or on verandas..

Here's a link to the policy..

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000g1rSc8iGhDD8gHFKIyjicLO:12hdbcveb?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=572&pagename=faq_answers

Though cigar smokeing is limited to certain areas the best spot on the Mercury is on deck 11 at the very back of the ship just outside of the Palm Springs pool. There are a lot of tables back there and the area is somewhat protected from any wind. At times it myay be difficult to find an ashtray back there so just grab one when you see any.

Archived