Does Celebrity ever offer reduced deposit sales?

tinker

We have only ever sailed Celebrity one time and may be interested in a 2011 sailing. Does X ever offer a half price deposit sale that you know of? It is a good option to lock in pricing when not quite 100% sure.

I know there is the CLIA sale with OBC now but nothing to write home about. Sometimes it is better not to book during "sales" and again, reduced deposits are sometimes a good thing if time is needed to make a final decision.

Does X ever offer a half price deposit sale that you know of?

Celebrity, like most other cruise lines, will occasionally offer reduced deposits (which may or may not be "half-Price") as an incentive to entice new bookings, usually during some sort of a "Sale". They may also offer free cabin category upgrades or On-Board Credits (OBC). These may be offered in any combination, depending on the specifics of the Sale.

Obviously, such booking incentives apply to NEW Bookings ONLY.

Check out the very large web based agencies, (often advertising here). They often run sales and specials like the one you want. You might want to call them too if not available now. They'll suggest when their next sale is.

Best deposit deal I got was by booking onboard. $100 per person plus an OBC. It wasn't a next cruise certificate. We were also given an upgrade our booking is for a C1 but we're paying for a C3 (or is it the other way around I'm never sure about cabin catogory numbers).

Best deposit deal I got was by booking onboard. $100 per person plus an OBC. It wasn't a next cruise certificate. We were also given an upgrade our booking is for a C1 but we're paying for a C3 (or is it the other way around I'm never sure about cabin catogory numbers).

Yes, I agree! Booking on board is the way to go - even if you don't know when or where you are going to cruise again. Just plunk down $100 pp for a "future booking" and you still receive the OBC and the 2 category upgrade. (And you were correct - you received a C1 for the price of a C3.)

The only thing to watch out for is if you change this early/future booking to a group cruise, then you will have to "pony-up" the normally required full deposit amount. Don't know why this is, but it happened to us recently. Still a good deal as you get to keep the OBC and upgrades. :)

This doesn't really help the OP in booking this cruise tho. There is a huge cruise sale going on now at many web sites. OP, check out the ad banners when you log on to Cruise critic. Or use google. Lots of dropped rates. You might find some lower down payments too.

double the normal amt required for a deluxe suite deposit. No new perks to sweeten the deal..

Other cruiselines don't & they didn't used to either - what gives now with RCL & Celebrity - anyone know why or cld hazard a guess? I mean, if it wasn't necessary before what has changed?

I booked under one of X's half price deposit sales for AQ then switched to Sky Suite on Summit. Had to pay additional deposit for suite, was told it was "new policy" to guard against pax holding suites and then cancelling before final payment. Guess they figured you were less likely to cancel if you put down a large deposit. Not sure about that logic?

Archived