Told No One Day Sale Today!

Zeke3

After checking with our local cruise TA's, club grocery store, etc, we ended up getting the best price on our particular cruise from the PVP (our last cruise was much much cheaper through our TA). That said.....

I have not been very happy with our PVP. He would take forever to reurn calls and would never return e-mails, EXCEPT when I wanted to give him money. When that was the case, he would stop screening his messages and call back immediately.

When I decided, after reading numerous posts here on CC, that I wanted to change my cabin from a GTEE to a particular cabin, I had such a fight with him. I left a message with all of my info, including my booking number, and he called back the next day. He asked for my booking number again, pulled it up on the computer, and greeted me by name (and mentioned my husband). I told himwhat I wanted to do and he proceed to go on and on about how the price for my booking had risen so dramatically that I would have to pay $250 pp to change to an assigned cabin. Long story short, I had notes on our previous conversations and was holding him to his previous offer of an assigned cabin at the same price as a GTEE. He finally agreed and we began looking at cabins. I told him some of the cabins I wanted to avoid because of tips I had learned from "my friends online". He gets aggitated and says, "I don't know who you've been talking to, but on the PRIDE...." I cut him off, "I'm not on the PRIDE, I'm on the VALOR!". He had all of my info in front of him and we had been going round and round for quite some time, all the while he is giving me pricing info and cabin info for the WRONG SHIP. :mad: He quickly muttered that he was very busy and confused me with someone else. Geez! I easily chose my cabin (has the deck plans in front of me) and was finally done dealing with this guy.

Thank goodness for CC, my only good source of info. ;)

I used to get phone calls and email from a PVP named Kenicia Allen. It drove me nuts, one to two emails a day and a phone call three or four times a week. This started after I registered online. After two weeks of this, I very sternly told her to stop calling me - it took two phone calls and she stopped. I then started replying to the email and demanded that they stop sending them to me - after two or three requests they stopped.

When I booked my recent cruise, purposely using a different PVP, I started getting calls from Kenecia again (even though I had already booked my cruise and paid the initial deposit through another PVP). I called her back after the second call and told her I had already booked a cruise with someone else precisely because I did not appreciate her daily phone calls. Haven't heard from her since.

Although I have found prices to be the same through Carnival directly, I have to admit that the annoying calls and email were the one thing I couldn't stand.

I already have a cruise booked for late April. So I called Carnival today to see if was cheaper. The price they quoted me was the same price they quoted me a month ago. I told Micheal PVP that it was the same. I booked ours thru a local travel agency and it is still cheaper than Carnival.

Ctsweetpea: Which ship are you looking to book?

I receive those emails all the time from Andrew at Carnival. I have never received a competitive price directly from any line, and it makes no sense to me that they would charge more than a TA because we know the TA is getting a commission. Sometimes the price is ridiculously higher than an online TA. Go figure.

I did GREAT with this!

Got the email yesterday, and called my new Carnival Rep. Asked her if it would be worth my while taking advantage of this, as I was hesitant because my husband would GO THROUGH THE ROOF. (We've just returned from a Princess Cruise):)

I ended up with a Cat. 8-C for the price of an 8-A... $879. Even got myself an extended balcony, AFT!

This special worked for me!

(I priced the same category today on numerous on-line sites... $1009)

I also got the "One Day Sale" email. I went to TA to make a payment on our upcoming cruise and inquired about sale. She knew nothing about it and called Carnival while we were there. They knew nothing about it either. Too bad because we were thinking of upgrading our cabin :(

I did GREAT with this!

Got the email yesterday, and called my new Carnival Rep. Asked her if it would be worth my while taking advantage of this, as I was hesitant because my husband would GO THROUGH THE ROOF. (We've just returned from a Princess Cruise):)

I ended up with a Cat. 8-C for the price of an 8-A... $879. Even got myself an extended balcony, AFT!

This special worked for me!

(I priced the same category today on numerous on-line sites... $1009)

You can go to all the online sites you want. You'll never find one lower since that is not allowed anymore. You have to contact these agencies to get a lower price then advertised online.

Bill

I am so glad to read this thread. I'm sick of coming onto threads and reading from one or two in particular that they love their PVPs and their PVP can do no wrong and always comes up with a better price than any TA, ever, in the history of cruising.

My PVP kept calling me too until I asked her to stop, since I had already booked at a great price with someone else.

I'm with you on this one. I think it's terrible that to get a price on a cruise from CCL's website they make you register then bombard you with emails and phone calls. Of course some of the CCL cheerleaders will say it isn't so.

A lot of people at CCL seem to be clueless anymore.Since times are great for the cruise industry the customer service is in the toilet. After 9/11 when times were tough they were so attentive and actually listened to you and took care of most problems.

CCL used to be my favorite line but nowadays they leave a bad taste in my mouth. :(

Bill

Archived