Told No One Day Sale Today!

Zeke3

Myself and others posted yesterday about a Carnival e-mail we received from Carnival yesterday about a One Day Super Sale today (Saturday, February 19th) from 11AM - 5 PM. I called my online TA yesterday about it to see if my August Miracle cruise would be discounted because she is not in on Saturdays. She advised that she could get the discounted prices for me on Friday since their office is closed on Saturdays. She called Carnival and they knew nothing about it. I forwarded my e-mail to her for her to share with Carnival. Still, Carnival denied any sale and were concerned about the e-mail. They had to look into it further. I received a return call from my TA last night. Apparently they received numerous other calls also about the e-mail. It escalated to higher up at the travel agency and Carnival. I was told there was no One Day Sale and Carnival is going to addres the situation with the PVPs that sent the e-mail. My TA said the e-mail seemed odd because TA's are informed ahead of time of sales. The other oddity is that the time limit to the sale is 6 hours. She said that sounds more like someone's hours and that the may just be trying to just solicit business. I told her that I was still going to call Carnival to see if there is any price drop, out of curiosity. My TA was very understanding and said she would do the same thing, however, she was so confidant that there will be no sale that she told me if the price dropped, that I should go ahead and transfer my booking to Carnival to get the discounted price since their office is closed on Saturdays.

I wanted to pass this on because I felt bad sharing the info I received on the "bogus" sale. It justs confirmed my prior decision to change this booking from the PVP I originally booked my cruise with to my current online TA (The e-mail I received came directly from him with his Carnival e-mail address.) After originally booking, I discovered he misinformed me on several issues and I no longer felt comfrotable with him (I also got a better price). It seems my instincts were correct. If this holds true, I'm sorry for the misinformation I provided earlier in an earlier post. Also, I want to mention that it is my understanding that this was apparently only a few select PVPs.

Actually, I have two different pvps. Only because when I booked the cruise for this year, my pvp was out sick and I wanted a certain cabin. I received the e-mail from both pvps. I have been told by my pvp that these e-mails are automatic. They don't go in and send them personally.

Another thing, I called Carnival, not my pvp, yesterday to price the wraparound cat 9 to see if any change in price. The rep gave me a price and said two wraparounds are available. The cabin numbers that she gave me are not and were not available for a long time. I had the feeling that had I booked with her, she would have promised me a wraparound and I would have ended up with a cat 9 but not a wraparound. I am thinking of reporting her to her supervisor.

I am going to check my e-mail again and see if there is a certain promo code for this special and then call back to see if my sailing is available.

My e-mail doesn't have any code and that was one of the original questions my TA asked me - was there a code on the e-mail. If these e-mails are sent out authomatically, how can Carnival not know anything about this e-mail (assuming my TA has been straight with me -and I believe she has been)?

I also received an e-mail earlier this week for the one day sale this is supposed to be today. I deleted it since I never book directly through Carnival anyway. :rolleyes:

same here...I got the E-mail as well....doesn't seem likely to me that we all got it from the same TA.......

Carnival better get their act together. I get E-mails from this certain TA all the time (not Monica...but I forget her name at the moment), and they are defintely Carnival E-mails. I don't believe that Carnival knew nothing about them....but like the above poster, I don't book through them anyway, so I just deleted it. No one seems to know what they're doing over there :rolleyes:

I get email from 2 different PVP's, and I got the email from both of their addresses. I find it hard to believe that it was bogus. I deleted it because we are booked up the to gills right now.

Like any company, it all depends upon who you talk to when getting info. My experience with Carnival and booking through a PVP has been as good or better than other online people we've used, and my local TA I use for other stuff, up until now, hasn't been able to touch the prices the online people have. With the price controls that several lines have instituted, I don't know if that will change or not. All I've noticed on that front is that Royal Carib prices have jumped dramatically.

Mark T.

Who was your e-mail from? Mine was from Monica, but I don't remember her last name. I wonder if they are all from the same person.

Mine were from Brett and David. Neither ever email you back if you ask for a quote. I figure it's all automated.

Mine was from Andrew, so it's not just one or two PVP's. I book through a travel agent too, but recently was on Carnival to fill out my Fun Pass and register and I've started getting calls from him also.

Someone at Carnival had to be aware of this going out.

I Talked with Carnival Yesterday, and booked a room On the Valor for Apr. 10 ,and was given a 5 cat. upgrade at no additional cost. I've always done well dealing directly with Carnival. As I worked with the Carnival Rep. my wife checked prices with many TA's we deal with and we saved approx.$300.00.

Looking forward to Cruising on one of Carnivals NEWEST and BIGGEST Ships. This will be our 8th Cruise on Carnival in the past 3 years, going on Miracle in November.

I get these "One Day Sale" e-mails from my PVP almost every week, including the one this week about the Saturday 6-hour sale. Whenever I've called them to get a price on a particular cruise I'm interested in, Carnival's quote has always been higher than my local TA's group price for the same cabin. Carnival's pricing even during its so-called one-day sales has been so consistently higher that I don't even bother to call them anymore.

My emails were from Anis Patel and this guy keeps calling my house like once every two weeks or so. I have never called Carnival before and only started getting these calls/emails after I registered on the Carnival website to check their prices. Either it's Carnival sending these emails and they have no clue what they're doing or someone has spyware that is hooked to people who go on Carnival's website and can get our info that way. Either way I don't like the fact that they call me. A few times it was freaky because no sooner did I log off of the Carnival site when I got the phonecall!! It was like they knew when I was on the site.

I've been getting emails from a certain PVP at Carnival (I can't recall her name but she wasn't mentioned above) ever since I registered at their website - that was the start of it for me. Her name is something like Carmen Santiago - I jut recently booked my first Carnival cruise through a TA, I've never booked thru Carnival or a PVP. I have had one day sale emails several times in the last two months or so, including one for today.

I got the email as well. I deleted it because we already booked our cruise through an online TA who's prices were much lower then Carnival's. I started getting the emails when I signed up on the Carnival website so it has to be someone there doing this. Hopefully they get it straighted out.

Rebecca

I am so glad to read this thread. I'm sick of coming onto threads and reading from one or two in particular that they love their PVPs and their PVP can do no wrong and always comes up with a better price than any TA, ever, in the history of cruising.

My PVP kept calling me too until I asked her to stop, since I had already booked at a great price with someone else.

Well, I called Carnival about their one day sale and their price for a guarantee balcony was $200 more than for my 8E Category cabin I have booked with my TA. I mentioned the e-mail and was told this was their sale price. This price is the same that was on their website yesterday. I have been receiving their weekly e-mails but this was the first one that I thought may apply to our cruise. Although I'm sure they are offering dicounts/benefits on select sailings, I think their advertising is a bit misleading. Lesson learned. I will be ignoring the e-mails and doing my own search online for possible reductions.

I am so upset to hear that this is a bogus sale. I am trying to book a cruise for my April honeymoon and could really use the price break :(

I have been deal searching on the internet, but all the prices seem to be pretty much the same.

I know we can't post about TAs, but if anyone could email me with great TA recommendations (online or otherwise- anyone who can get me a deal) I would really appreciate it.

Much thanks! :)

Christine

lachristine@sbcglobal.net

Archived