Debarking delay with birth cert./Miami

MAKINGWAVES

Debarking after Eastern Carribean, Liberty, at Miami. Son and his wife want to take only their Birth Cert. & photo I D. My question is, how long is the delay for them on debarking? P S, I'm a firm beliver in passports. We're just the Mother and Daddy, can't tell them anything.

makingwaves

Debarking after Eastern Carribean, Liberty, at Miami. Son and his wife want to take only their Birth Cert. & photo I D. My question is, how long is the delay for them on debarking? P S, I'm a firm beliver in passports. We're just the Mother and Daddy, can't tell them anything.

makingwaves

You dont need a Passport as long as their ID matches their boarding documents they are fine.. if you are US Citizens!!!;) There is no more of a delay then embarking..

I found that when I had just the BC and DL it took about ten to 15 minutes longer for three of us. My DH at the time was the only one with a passport and he sailed right through.

Well disclaimer on my post then as I have never traveled with someone with only a DL/BC so I shouldn't have commented.. but I don't know what those in front of me are using.. sometimes it does take forever for those to get thru customs but I can't assume the reason;)

This is not a get a passport thread right LOL:D:p

Took my DH and I all of about 5 minutes...Granted we didn't have anything to claim as we didn't make any purchases. However we were in line for over 45 minutes!

This was coming off the Valor, Labor Day weekend.

Well disclaimer on my post then as I have never traveled with someone with only a DL/BC so I shouldn't have commented.. but I don't know what those in front of me are using.. sometimes it does take forever for those to get thru customs but I can't assume the reason;)

This is not a get a passport thread right LOL:D:p

Yeah, you can't always assume the reason! A group of us went to Jamaica many, many years ago....all with passports. All of us but my sister came through quickly, no problems. My sister didn't come and didn't come and didn't come and we were starting to get worried. When she finally showed up....she had purchased some allspice....she and the custom's agent were talking about the different uses for allspice!

Sometimes it is just the luck of the draw and which line you get in. SOme agents are slower than others. Some examine documents more closely than others do.

If you get in the wrong line the wait can be horrid and it has nothing to do with BC/DL vs Passport.

Archived