bringing wine onboard

2geezers

Drink packages can be cost efficient if you drink quite a bit. ;) You can do the math. For a few glasses of wine or occasional mixed drink, you will be better off just buying as you go. We overheard one couple discussing how much more they would have to drink to "come out even" by the end of the cruise. There are lots of posts here re the packages and who benefits the most.

We carry on our two bottles of wine and I preorder about 3 bottles from home. My DH will order a few mixed drinks and definitely a "bucket of beer" special on the first sea day and store the extras in the minibar in the room for a couple days. Obviously we aren't the heavy drinkers we used to be. :o

Drink packages can be cost efficient if you drink quite a bit. ;) You can do the math. For a few glasses of wine or occasional mixed drink, you will be better off just buying as you go. We overheard one couple discussing how much more they would have to drink to "come out even" by the end of the cruise. There are lots of posts here re the packages and who benefits the most.

We carry on our two bottles of wine and I preorder about 3 bottles from home. My DH will order a few mixed drinks and definitely a "bucket of beer" special on the first sea day and store the extras in the minibar in the room for a couple days. Obviously we aren't the heavy drinkers we used to be. :o

I haven't cruised celebrity before...can you tell me more about the bucket of beer special. Sounds like something my husband might like to do to.

My Dh isn't here to give me the exact details. But I know that you either buy 4 bottles and get one free or buy 5 and get one free. Either way, it's a good deal and you can have a couple by the pool or with lunch and then carry the rest in the bucket to your room to keep chilled for another time. They really don't advertise that special, as I recall. But after reading about it here, we just asked at one of the outdoor bars and they offered it to him. You'll see the buckets sitting at tables.;)

If you are wine drinker, watch at lunchtime for wine specials too. Not sure if they are doing them any longer (we had them in Jan) but you could get $5 off a special bottle or two at lunch. They'll cork it and bring the rest to you at dinner if you'd like. Just ask a server or better yet at a bar near the buffet lunch.

My Dh isn't here to give me the exact details. But I know that you either buy 4 bottles and get one free or buy 5 and get one free. Either way, it's a good deal and you can have a couple by the pool or with lunch and then carry the rest in the bucket to your room to keep chilled for another time. They really don't advertise that special, as I recall. But after reading about it here, we just asked at one of the outdoor bars and they offered it to him. You'll see the buckets sitting at tables.;)

If you are wine drinker, watch at lunchtime for wine specials too. Not sure if they are doing them any longer (we had them in Jan) but you could get $5 off a special bottle or two at lunch. They'll cork it and bring the rest to you at dinner if you'd like. Just ask a server or better yet at a bar near the buffet lunch.

I like that idea of the bucket of beer and will order some next week. As for the lunch wine special.....I have never heard of that, but will ask. Thanks.

Bill

Archived