What are the vibrations in deck 2 & 3 main corridor?

mainewoods

What are the vibrations / reverberations heard and felt as you walk through the wide corridor on deck 2 (I think it's the one that has the bronze looking panels depicting each continent) and the deck 3 corridor (with metal panels that look like each season). When I walk thorough these corridors, I feel a very strong vibration, down to the core of my body, almost enough to make me fell ill. But when I glance as other guests are walking though, they don't seem to notice it at all. I know that I can 'feel' vibrations of even large trucks and earth moving equipment if it's close to a building I'm in, but this seems very prounounced.

Is the powerplant/engines below this area?

The reason why I ask, is that I'm considering a sheltered balcony on deck 4, forward of the G32 and Queen's room (below). I've been inside cabin on deck 4, aft, near the D stairwell. I felt some vibrations, but only enough to make my feet 'tingley' while barefoot in the bathroom.

I've since been on deck 5, sheltered balcony, starboard. Once near D stairwell, and once near C, and have not felt vibrations.

I would like to enjoy deck 4 (just a little closer to the sea), but concerned about the vibrations above these corridors; say, if I choose a stateroom between stairwell C and B...

Have you stayed in these cabins, and did you notice vibrations?

On our TA last year we stayed just aft of the D stairway on deck 5 and did not notice any vibration, This year we stayed between the C & D stairways on deck 5 and noticed a vibration. It was more pronounced in the corridor than in the room, but there nontheless. It did not affect our sleeping. It was fairly slight while in the bed. We propped our balcony door open each night for fresh air. Any noise that may have come from the ship was drowned out by the sound of the sea.

This year we also noticed the vibration several times while in the Queens Room. We commented to each other on it, as we had not noticed it last year. There was a brief discussion on the board a few months back about it. Someone posted that there is some issue with the new pods.

What you're feeling near the central corridors (just forward of C stairway, unless I'm mistaken) are the diesel engines. I think the pods are much further back than that. The turbines are actually located near the top of the superstructure, I believe. We were fairly far forward on 5 but I could feel the vibrations in the hallway further aft.

The exhausts, from the engines up to the funnel, run behind those panels.

Regards, Colin.

Thank you for your responses. I figured that this area specifically had to have something mechanical going on there, as it's not the same feeling as the vibrations felt in the room. That's why I was concerned with the deck 4 rooms just above those corridors. But it seems that a search on 'vibrations' yields responses about vibrations felt in various parts of the ship, not just there.

For some reason, those corridors are especially troublesome to me, and I usually scoot through them quite quickly (except for the time I stopped to find Homer Simpson :cool:).

Archived