Any recent news on Journey T-pool / spa area?

DougK

Does anybody have recent information on the Journey T-pool?

We were on the Quest a few years ago in the Panama Canal and loved the spa area & T-pool; the area was very private with comfortable wicker furniture for lounging and a few plants for decoration, and the T-pool was pleasant, though basic, with good warmth and bubbling. Our experience on a Journey transatlantic a year later was much more disappointing. The pool was lukewarm at best, and only some of the bubbling worked; the furniture was exactly the same loungers as elsewhere on the ship, there was no decor, and the door to the gym was left unlocked, so many people wandered in and out of the spa area. I found a thread from earlier in the summer, and at that time it seemed like the Journey T-pool was still quite deficient, and not worth buying a pass for.

Does anybody have more recent information? I'm going on the Journey transatlantic next month, and hoping that the T-pool has been brought up to snuff...

Thanks!

Doug

Architect, I'm not sure I've ever heard of a pick-up water volleyball game on an Azamara ship. On the prior cruise we've been on, I don't think you would have found more than a handful of people who would have any interest. Have you cruised Az before?

• 3 weeks later...

On my 1st Azamara cruise, I signed up for the t-pool before I boarded. I was very disappointed. It's small, weak jets, uncomfortable metal beds, up front, bad wind, and not attended often. I got a refund. The hot tubs on the main pool deck are better and don't cost. Cruise is nice. Skip the spa pool area.

Hi Everyone !

Here's a recent photo of Journey's T-Pool. Thanks to Bill at Azamara for furnishing the photo. I've also been told the T-Pool on Quest, is in excellent condition. I hope this helps !

P5110069.jpg.95ad30205a0a7aa4057ea884f4e9a8a3.jpg

• 1 month later...

For those wondering whether there have really been changes, I'm happy to report that there have. I was on the recent transatlantic crossing on the Journey, and *loved* the T-pool area. The T-pool itself was wonderful and relaxing -- very warm, and bubbling merrily. And the area around the pool has been upgraded to have lovely lounging furniture -- not just the standard deck loungers, but other wicker-type furniture, including a couch and several comfy chairs with ottomans. It was a lovely, quiet location to hang out and read, even when not using the T-pool. I ended up spending most mornings in the spa area, and there were rarely more than a few other people there. I got free access to the area as a new suite perk, but would gladly have paid for a pass -- in fact, it was only when trying to buy a pass that I found out I already had free access.

Highly recommended!

Doug

The t-pool is way forward and very windy. I don't think it's worth the extra expense just to have a seat for viewing outside. The main pool deck is less windy and has the really comfy lounge chairs. The wait service is on the Main pool deck. Don't waste your money. The best place to view scenery is on the top deck. There is a wind screen but it is windy. I prefer the comfort of the inside especially in cooler places. Try the forward lounge or sit on the aft deck. On the aft deck you can also enjoy a drink or coffee. It's lovely and you don't need to pay extra for the wind.

Archived