Just returned from Jewel of Seas NE Canada sailing.

What a wonderful and great sailing we just had. Got off the ship yesterday and arrived safely home. Weather was perfect except for the last night. Great POC (though very intensive). Great food, wonder cabin attendant. Awesome CD, Cloe.

Relaxed quite a bit. Got lots of C&A goodies. Excellent shows such as Comedy in Motion and the Tango dancers. As you can tell, I'm a RCL cheerleader. Booked a next-cruise open booking to get the OBC. Somehow managed to lose one pound, but the hubbie gained two pounds. He ate and ate. Looks good on him, though. Dang tired now. So, I'll get a brew and watch some football. Also got that Wavy-feeling whenever I sit still or lay down. That should pass within a week. RCL did such a wonder job. We are saying to ourselves: Did that week really just happen? Seems like a dream. I'll try to write a review later, after my post cruise blues goes away, and I recover from the thud of real life.

It was nice meeting you and so many others at the meet and mingle. We had a great time too other than a soggy cabin the morning of our last sea day. I was told there were other cabins that were a lot worse so I guess we were lucky in the long run.

Now, if I could just get this house to stop swaying, I could get my laundry done.;):D

What a wonderful and great sailing we just had. Got off the ship yesterday and arrived safely home. Weather was perfect except for the last night. Great POC (though very intensive). Great food' date=' wonder cabin attendant. Awesome CD, Cloe.

[/quote']

Hi bigtoesswim'n

I was also on the Jewel cruise! I have to agree that the staff (super friendly)and CD were just top notch. The Solarium, Schooner Bar and the Thermal Spa were my places of choice.

This was my first Royal Cruise (all others have been on Carnival)and found it no different in the way of cruises from my previous cruises. I tried to find something that distinguished Royal from the other cruises I had been on and could not find anything. I have to ask myself are cruises becoming "cookie cutter" operations????

I wanted to try the Seaview cafe but time ran out:( I found Windjammer to have decent buffet fair and also went back during snack time;) The only thing I had a problem with was the main dining room; the food was not good at all.

Will I sail with RCI again? Probably; but first I want to try Carnival again to see what changes have been made there and then I want to try Princess.

Vacations are what you make them all in all it was a good time and

the new friends I made have made the trip even more memorable.

Liz

It was nice meeting you and so many others at the meet and mingle. We had a great time too other than a soggy cabin the morning of our last sea day. I was told there were other cabins that were a lot worse so I guess we were lucky in the long run.

Now, if I could just get this house to stop swaying, I could get my laundry done.;):D

Soggy cabin?????????

Soggy cabin?????????

We were told Thurday night as we were leaving Halifax, that we were going to be running into a storm with heavy swells and gale force winds. The ship was rocking and rolling starting in the middle of the night and all the last sea day.

When we woke up we could hear water so I stood up to open the blinds and was standing in a puddle.:( The rain was slamming the back of the ship horizontally and the water was coming in the channels of the sliding door. The channel would fill up and then the ship would roll a bit and empty the water onto the rug. The rug side the bed was soaked from wall to wall and was a little bit under the bed too.

We talked to our room attendant who called and no one came. We spoke to him again, he called and no one came but he got his supervisor who came in and she called. By the time we went to lunch and then trivia, no one had come but we found out that there was a team of guys who were dealing with the wet cabins and we were on the list, they were doing the worst cabins first which we were told were the cabins on the higher decks.

By the time we got back from trivia, the wet towels had been picked up, the carpet had been cleaned and was wet but you couldn't splash in it anymore.;):D

We would have liked a fan to dry it out but never got one. It wasn't to big of a deal since the rain stopped mid-morning. Had the heavy rains continued it would have been a major problem.

Yikes, glad you isn't wasn't worse then that. How was the rest of the cruise?

We had a very good time. We tried MTD for the first time and it was alright, would do it again. I had made a 7pm reservation for each night online and the head waiter repeatedly tried to get us to change it until either 5:45 or 7:30. :confused: They shouldn't have offered the time online if it wasn't available. We finally got the point across that we really wanted 7 and she backed off.

We totally lucked out with the weather. Cool, sunny days in all ports with the only rain being on the last sea day. Was windy most days but that didn't bother us, it kept most people indoors in the WJ though so we usually were one of a few couples sitting outside for breakfast so finding a table out there was very easy.:D

Much older crowd then we are used to other than a large group of autistic young adults. I guess there was a young group from autism on the seas and the first ever adult autism on the seas cruise. There were 1,200 crown and anchor members on this members cruise which was about 60 percent of the people on the cruise according to what we were told at the meet and mingle. The hotel director and Clo, the cruise director, both attended the meet and mingle.

We had been to most of the ports before so we just didn't do any excursions though we did do a lot on our own in Halifax (Citadel, Alexander Keith brewery tour, most everything along the boardwalk).

We loved crusing from Boston. We left the house at 10:30 and were on the ship exploring just after 11:30. Disembarking was as easy. Our number was called at 9:40 and we were home, after stopping for bagels for our son, by 10:45.:p

Wow itsreallymemom: Just love your name. Does that translate into It's Really Me Mom? or It's really memom?

How awful about your room. We were on the same sailing. We were on Deck 3, inside. Here I thought the high rollers with balconies had it made!!. So sorry to hear you had water troubles.

We had a bunch of the autism young adults down there around our cabin. They were a quiet bunch, mostly stuck to themselves. One lady named Julie, spoke to me once about cell phones and how expensive they were. She was sweet. Then I met a young man in the elevator who proclaimed to me he had to go to deck 12 for his dancing class. I had just pushed 11 and he was concerned. I said: Okay. and that was that.

We could hear the stablizers being used from our cabin. At least I hope that is what that metal clanking sound was. We were concerned when we first heard it, but didn't worry for too long. After all, we were on a cruise.

We absolute had a great time. We leave in Dec 2010 on CCL for Cozumel. Can't wait.

Wow itsreallymemom: Just love your name. Does that translate into It's Really Me Mom? or It's really memom?

How awful about your room. We were on the same sailing. We were on Deck 3' date=' inside. Here I thought the high rollers with balconies had it made!!. So sorry to hear you had water troubles.

We had a bunch of the autism young adults down there around our cabin. They were a quiet bunch, mostly stuck to themselves. One lady named Julie, spoke to me once about cell phones and how expensive they were. She was sweet. Then I met a young man in the elevator who proclaimed to me he had to go to deck 12 for his dancing class. I had just pushed 11 and he was concerned. I said: Okay. and that was that.

We could hear the stablizers being used from our cabin. At least I hope that is what that metal clanking sound was. We were concerned when we first heard it, but didn't worry for too long. After all, we were on a cruise.

We absolute had a great time. We leave in Dec 2010 on CCL for Cozumel. Can't wait.[/quote']

It was nice meeting you at the meet and mingle, it was my husband and me that you sat with at the very beginning before anything started.

The name came from a name I used on other boards but wasn't available here so I added the really and MA for Massachusetts. Not too original but oh well.:)

We had various encounters with the autism group too. I helped one young man figure out a slot machine and helped another girl who was lost trying to find guest relations to report a lost watch. It seemed like they had a great cruise.

We really did luck out with the weather other than the last sea day. I brought some warm clothes that we never needed. We never needed anything more than a light sweatshirt the whole time.

We have nothing else booked yet, time will tell.:)

Archived