Boudicca 10 April 2011 Canaries and Madiera

amberline

hi di hi.

Yep, we are on this as well, 4 of us, 2 couples.

2 Cabins on Deck 4, mid ships I think.

I seem to reacll a previous post from you about this cruise and think maybe you are on deck 4 as well? I was asking about the BOB conditions

BOB was a slight worry but decided wrist bands, stugeon, ginger bics and Glenfiddech will see us / me thro.

You will probably recognise us, as on FO theme nights we do get stuck in.

My wife a squaw with pigtails, me all black and a cowboy hat, other guy cowboy hat with an arrow thro his head, he nearly got stick in lift on Braemar it is that big:)

My 60th whilst we are away so there better be a "surprise" bash or there will be trouble:D

We all enjoy the dancing as well so will be on the old dance floor for a cha cha cha etc

Take it easy.

Yes we are on deck 4 midships as well, we could be neighours!!! i will certainly keep a look out, especially for the large hat lol.

We like to join in as well and i am looking for a new costume for the country and western night, watch this space;)

• 1 month later...

Quite right, never too early as my wife keeps telling me. But what about the Xmas sales.

Our first time cruising from the UK, so usually we are into the warm weather gear as soon as we get off the plane, but cruising from Liverpool she apparently needs another full wardrobe of clothes to cover the 3 days going out before we hit warm weather:)

Take it easy

We're on this one too. Deck 3 midships.

Our first with FO and we're looking forward to it.

How do you know what the theme night is ? We've not been informed or is it a standard ?

Guessing it'll be tough to miss that hat !!:eek:

When we went on the Braemar, there was a country and western night and a red, white and blue night. I think that is the same on all Fred's ships.We loved the Braemar, we have booked again for my birthday in February:D

Hi di hi

Yes theme nights seem to be pretty standard with FO. Our friends have cruised with them more than us but they tell us it's the same every cruise.

We had huge spinning and flashing bow ties last cruise but the waiters liked them so much we gave them away, so we have to think of something else for the Red, white and blue night.

We love theme nights, but we also enjoy the Formal nights and come to think of it we enjoy the semi formal nights as well, so in fact we enjoy every night:D

Deck 4 seems pretty popular doesn't it.

Take it easy, once Christmas is out of the way its only 3 and a bit months and a stone to loose in preperation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

Half the FO posters on here seem to be on this cruise :)

6 weeks to go and 4 pounds to "cruise start weight".

Started to be told not to wear things "if I want them for the cruise" so it must be getting close.

Take it easy.

Hi:)

This is how it ran last time: Casual, Formal, Informal, Western/Casual, Informal, Casual, Tropical/Casual, Formal, Informal,British/Casual, Formal, Casual, Casual.

Don't know if it will be choppy, :confused: hope not. We were on a cruise around Western Med in April last year and that was fine.

5 weeks to go and best dancing shoes ready.

Debenhams sale ????? Shush keep it quite or else I will never have room for any of my clothes.:)

Looking forward to the cuise as I am 60 whilst away, but not yet sussed any surprise plans from anybody, despite enough hints.

Choppy ? Not allowed when I cruise.:D

Well so much for Debenhams sale, so far 7 new shirts ..... For him lol, But there is one thing for sure, we won't be missed on Western/Country Night .... A Western Gambler with 2 dance hall dollys, that should raise and eyebrow or two.

Can't wait:rolleyes:

Archived