Canada Place car rental drop off/pick up

kandtq

I'm looking at flying into Seattle and renting a car to drive to Vancouver. And then renting another car in Vancouver at the end of the cruise and driving it back to Seattle If the cruise leaves out of Canada Place, what are the closest or easiest rental car companies to drop off and pick up from? Thanks for your help!

We used Avis. They picked us up in a shuttle at Canada Place and took us to their location at a nearby hotel to rent the car.

Jen in SoCal

I'm looking at flying into Seattle and renting a car to drive to Vancouver. And then renting another car in Vancouver at the end of the cruise and driving it back to Seattle If the cruise leaves out of Canada Place, what are the closest or easiest rental car companies to drop off and pick up from? Thanks for your help!

Thanks! Does anyone have experience dropping off a rental car at Canada Place? Do the car rental places shuttle you back to Canada Place after you return a car? My husband would like to drop me,the luggage and kids off and go return the car by himself. Would I be able to check the luggage in by myself or do I need to wait for my husband to come back from returning the car. If someone could walk me through this I would really appreciate it!

Has anyone returned a car to The Pan Pacific? It looks like both Alamo and National list a location there, but I can't get the reservation to work online.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks! Does anyone have experience dropping off a rental car at Canada Place? Do the car rental places shuttle you back to Canada Place after you return a car? My husband would like to drop me,the luggage and kids off and go return the car by himself. Would I be able to check the luggage in by myself or do I need to wait for my husband to come back from returning the car. If someone could walk me through this I would really appreciate it!

Has anyone returned a car to The Pan Pacific? It looks like both Alamo and National list a location there, but I can't get the reservation to work online.

Thanks for your help!

Sometimes the companies will accept the car at Canada Place and other times they want it returned to a downtown location and they will shuttle you back to the pier. Dropping the family and luggage off at the pier is an excellent option, you can check the luggage with the porters then wait for your husband's return. Alamo has parking at Canada Place and ordinarily will accept the car at the Pan Pacific. The reason you are having trouble with the reservation is that the location is now closed for the season but you could trying phoning either company.

I have rented from Budget, Avis, National and Alamo, downtown Vancouver. I have walked to each of their offices from Canada Place, BUT, I have no mobility limitations. :) I have found the shuttle buses at Canada Place to sometimes have very long lines/waits, so, I've seldom used them.

We rented with Alamo from the airport and dropped our car off at Canada Place. Here is the part of my review from 2008 where I explain how the car rental drop off went:

"My DH dropped off the luggage and my sisters and BIL on the CS level of the Canada Place Parkade at about 10:50 am. Then he had to drive off as if he was leaving the Parkade. The nice attendant let him make a U turn back into the Parkade so we could head to the rental car level. If we had arrived later, when it was much busier, they would have made us leave the garage. That would have meant navigating the streets of Vancouver around Canada Place to get back back to the Parkade. We did it the way the agent told us to when we checked out Alamo on Friday night.

However, the agent I spoke with when I called before we left for Vancouver had a different suggestion. He suggested everyone in our group go to the Parkade level for Rental Car Return. That way we would always be together. Had we done it that way we would have had to roll our luggage on the elevator and go to the Cruise Level. That would save the driver some time, however it would mean everyone would have to deal with their own luggage until we got down to the Cruiselevel. However, since we were early, it worked out very well the way we did it. Once we finished the paperwork for the car rental, my DH and I took the elevators to the Cruise Level and joined our group."

I hope this helps.

Archived