Are sodas and water ok to carry on--NCL

jimw

I just got off the NCL Jewel this past Sunday (10/17/10) and we took two 12 packs of soda on board. I put them both in a canvas bag, tied the handles together, put a cruise luggage tag around the handle and gave them to the porter when when we checked our bags. I figured it was only about $10 so I was will to take the risk of them not making it, but fortunately the bag was delivered to my stateroom with the rest of my luggage.

Thanks for the ultra quick responses, this is a great place!!

Another liquid related question--We are getting a bottle of wine as a freebie from the travel company--it will be in the room--Will we have to pay a corkage fee? It will be consumed in the room................

we carry-on the drinks in our carry-on coolers...the way things get tossed around and such and it is so easy to pop one of those cans..i wouldnt take the chance of them opening up and soda all over or soda

on someone else luggage--last cruise i watched them toss and tumble and stack that luggage it was crazy:eek:.

Loved that I was able to walk on with soda and water in my small suitecase. Small suitecase on wheels came in handy...wound up putting dh's scotch he purchased on board in it and easy to take those heavy bottles off. :D

we carry-on the drinks in our carry-on coolers...the way things get tossed around and such and it is so easy to pop one of those cans..i wouldnt take the chance of them opening up and soda all over or soda

on someone else luggage--last cruise i watched them toss and tumble and stack that luggage it was crazy:eek:.

I wholeheartedly agree. When eating lunch in Windows on the Spirit on embarkation day, I had a front-row view of the crew loading the ship. Needless to say I am glad I had nothing breakable or liquid-filled in my checked luggage. It was quite a show, though (mainly because I didn't recognize my luggage falling off the cart and being tossed back on).

Archived