Just back from oasis. A few thoughts

clott

We loved this ship. We were worried about embarking and disembarking but royal has it right with this one.

We had a grand suite and our room steward, Imade, was fantastic. Ricardo and Natalia were the best concerige's ever.

Wasn't impressed with the dining room food but loved the park cafe. The salads were awsome.

We will definitely do this ship again.

Never had any problems finding chairs on sea days.

Good to hear overall. As food is subjective, we loved it but understand others may not.

I'm sorry you were "worried" about embarking and disembarking; all the threads I've ever read (and written, myself) state that using the new terminal for Oasis is an absolute breeze. We were excited to be Platinum this cruise and have our own waiting area, but it was so efficient and speedy we didn't even need to wait there!

:D

We loved this ship. We were worried about embarking and disembarking but royal has it right with this one.

We had a grand suite and our room steward, Imade, was fantastic. Ricardo and Natalia were the best concerige's ever.

Wasn't impressed with the dining room food but loved the park cafe. The salads were awsome.

We will definitely do this ship again.

Never had any problems finding chairs on sea days.

Were you sailing the Oct 2nd cruise? We were on with my sister and husband who are from Huntsville!

Loved the park cafe and had a salad every time. The ship is something to see. Great time.

I was on the Oct 9th sailing and it was a truly amazing cruise. I agree Royal has the embarkation process down. Definitely the easiest check in ever. As for the Concierge lounge I found Ricardo and Natalia to be very helpful and pleasant as they helped us with some shore excursion billing discrepancies. I Really liked the breakfast concept in the Concierge lounge overlooking the boardwalk.

Our main dining room experience was very good. The only bad experience we had during the entire cruise was in Chops Grill and Giovanni’s Table. Both experiences were essentially the same, BAD. We have had many Chops Grill dinners on other cruises and have always had very good to excellent experiences. Royal pushes their specialty restaurants as a level above the dining room in service and food quality as well as a more quite atmosphere. On the Oasis we found Chops Grill and Giovanni's Table to be very noisy and overcrowded. In Chops the service was very poor and the food was way overcooked. In Giovanni's, the food was average, but the service was very bad. In each venue it was obvious they did not have enough servers to accommodate a full house. We had 6 newcomers to Chops Grill and they were perplexed as to why Royal charges $25 for inferior food and service. On this occasion we really couldn’t argue that point.

The Oasis is a ship that is so over the top I don’t think it will be matched for a very long time (with the exception of the Allure.) The cruise director and the entertainment in my opinion were above and beyond anything at sea. I am looking forward to many more cruises on the Oasis and Allure.

Archived