$40 Upsell Email

SavFam06

The offer:

$40 per cabin to upgrade from Inside to Oceanview

Just prior to that we received another upsell offer to get on a higher deck for $20 each, but still have an inside room.

If you were to spend $40, would you use it for a higher deck or for an ocean view?

I would use it on the oceanview upgrade. That sounds like a good deal to me. If you upgrade to a higher deck for the inside, the room will still be exactly the same, just a different location on the ship. With the OV, you are adding something to the room that you don't already have.

For inside cabins you want to be as LOW as possible. The lower you are, the less movement you're going to feel. I'd echo everyone here and go ocean view. Once you have it, it's difficult to go back to inside rooms.

We made the fatal mistake of getting a balcony 2 cruises ago. Now we don't even look at the inside/oceanview price....it's balcony or no go!

I really appreciate your input, as a First Time Cruiser I am clueless!

I would DEFINITELY go for the OV. Will it be on the same deck as your inside cabin? On my 1st Paradise cruise we were upgraded from a PT on the Riviera deck to an OV on the Empress deck. Maybe ask if you can go on a higher deck? :)

We made the fatal mistake of getting a balcony 2 cruises ago. Now we don't even look at the inside/oceanview price....it's balcony or no go!

This is one of the reasons I am scared about booking a balcony...that I might never look at an OV again!! :eek: I have yet to try a true inside (PT's don't count - which is what I booked for my next cruise) because I like having the natural light and the ability to see outside. :p

This is one of the reasons I am scared about booking a balcony...that I might never look at an OV again!! :eek: I have yet to try a true inside (PT's don't count - which is what I booked for my next cruise) because I like having the natural light and the ability to see outside. :p

I don't notice a difference. I guess it's because I'm not a sit and look at the scenery kind of person.

I'd upgrade to the OV.

I did it!

Initially I took the offer and had them book me in a midship OV on Empress deck. At home I looked at the deck plans...right underneath the Galley! So I called back to go one deck lower than Empress (Upper) and still got my Oceanview, now above and below me are cabins. That's the way to go?

The offer:

$40 per cabin to upgrade from Inside to Oceanview

Just prior to that we received another upsell offer to get on a higher deck for $20 each, but still have an inside room.

If you were to spend $40, would you use it for a higher deck or for an ocean view?

OCEAN VIEW without a doubt.

Archived