Porthole cabins fantasy class - Are the rooms larger than inside cabins?

Jules Travels

They should be all the same size, though I agree some look larger. I was in E9, and E7 next door looks larger, but had a closet in the back of the bathroom area, which took most of what looks like a longer cabin. This was a steward's closet they got into from outside my door.

Insides, OVs, and balconys, if the ship has them .. on this class are the same size. 185 s.f. But Im with you, there could be a tiny bit of difference in some PT cabins.

Thats why I moved to E9, because I was thinking could be some noise, but it must not be a main closet as the steward wasnt in the closet very often. I used to have pictures which show the door to E9, and the 90 degree corner, with the door to the storage closet at 90 degrees to my door.

I have had several port hole cabins on the Fantasy. Never heard any noise out of the Stewards storage rooms and very littly foot traffic from other passangers. The only noise to speak of that I have heard is the thrusters as the ship is coming into and out of port. No big deal, just means that it is time to get up and get ready for a great day ashore.

We have heard noise, not that its a deal breaker. On Ecstasy R23?? I think it was, we had more than 25 ft waves our first cruise for over 24 hours, hitting the port holes. Waves hitting the hull can be quite noisy.

Those thrusters engaged at 4:45 am the last morning, when the ship had to wait to get into the Galveston channel so we had to circle. Circles involving the thrusters. AWAKE time indeed. I had not planned on being up that early.

We had cabins R3, R5, and R7 on the Inspiration. The length from the door to the end of the closets was the same. However, from the closets to the end of the cabin was 11 ceiling panels in R5, 13 panels in R7, and 17 panels in R3. I think my MIL's outside HA cabin was 13 panels and my BIL's inside was 13 panels.

Here is a picture of U15 for your viewing pleasure. Thruster noise and the occasional slapping of waves on the hull is the only noise we heard. Oh, we were able to hear our neighbors pretty well though. Never heard steward closet noise. As far as the size goes, I am not positive but it seemed larger...but that could have been because there is no couch in there. Only a chair. Also, the bed was on the side wall but we moved it under the window.

Cruise2010017.jpg

Cruise2010036.jpg

All4fun@fun4all-I just love those pictures of the porthole room. That is what we chose for our next cruise.

I have to admit that when looking at the layout online some of the porthole cabins do look bigger, not wider, but longer, but it could be an optical illusion. Because the sides of the ships turn more....???:eek:

All4fun@fun4all-I just love those pictures of the porthole room. That is what we chose for our next cruise.

I have to admit that when looking at the layout online some of the porthole cabins do look bigger, not wider, but longer, but it could be an optical illusion. Because the sides of the ships turn more....???:eek:

Both the Andrew and I spent alot of time sitting up there together watching the sea drift by (when we were actually in the room). However, be warned that if you fidget with them to close them, you need to make sure they are properly secured when you put them back up. They REALLY hurt when they hit you in the head. I rolled out of there crying it hurt so bad. Thank goodness we moved the bed under the window. OWIE

Archived