Bermuda in late July

Fendermike

The hurricane season in the North Atlantic is from June 1 to Nov 30 which does include July; so to miss hurricane season, you'll have to cruise to Bermuda in April or May. The cruise lines do not let their expensive ships sail into a hurricane. The cruise will be re-routed to where the hurricane isn't. I would not let hurricane season deter me from cruising to Bermuda.

As for what to do in Bermuda, suggest you download, print & read this Sightseeing & Activities guide - http://www.insightcruises.com/pdf/Bermuda/Sightseeing.pdf

SBtS

:eek: What to do in Bermuda for 3 days....Are you kidding? Even going 5 times for 3 days each..there's not enough time....Don't get me started...or get me started...then I'll have to speed up the booking process for next time... Have fun.:D

Friends tell me to go to Bermuda at the end of July. I'm afraid of tropical storms or hurricanes. Am I wrong? And what to do there for 3 days? Help!

Thanks for the advice, Mike :confused:

Wow.. I agree! Bermuda is my favorite island destination in part because there IS so much to do, it's really a lovely island and summer climate when I've been there at least not nearly as oppressive as Caribbean or even NC where I live. Even if you aren't beach person there is something for everyone... check out the posts on this board and the Bermuda Tourism sites and you'll see...

Thank you all! Again, my only fear is for the weather I could find at the end of July.

:confused:

The weather should be hot and humid. While showers are not uncommon they usually don't last very long.

As has already been stated, hurricane season officially runs from June 1 to Nov. 30, but the peak months of hurricane season are August and September. Bermuda is a tiny speck in the midst of a very large ocean, and although hurricanes can and do strike there, the percentage of hurricanes that actually hit that tiny speck is actually very small.

Archived