Just returned from the Navigator Feb8-19th

naples007

Hi Naples007, We will be going on the Navigator April 27 it will be our first time we have been on Crystal so far it is my favorite so can you tell me how it compares.

1. How was the food?

2. Do they dress up as much?

3. Was the crew as nice?

4. Did you have a Butler and If so did you enjoy the in room dining?

Thanks for info you can give me!

Denise

Denise:

The food is just as good.

It is a more relaxed atomsphere compared to Crystal, There was 2 formal nights, one informal night and the rest country club casual.

The crew was great, I'm young and got along great with everyone and made some great friends, that even plan on visiting me in the future.

Sorry no butler service. Had room service every morning for breakfast.

The only negative is that the ship does vibrate quite a bit. The size was perfect for me.

What was the age mix of the passengers?

A friend called us from SAn Juan yesterday, said he was enjoying his Radisson cruise very much. Bu the did comment that majorit of pax were in their 70s and 80s. Said at 53 he is easily the youngest on baord. Just wondering if his experience is atypical.

We were also on the Feb 8 cruise. Food was excellent and compared well to Crystal with a good selection of complimentary wines.

The ship was fully booked and we did find it very crowded especially in the dining room for dinner. If you weren't there at 6:30 prompt table selection was very limited if you requested a table for two. The dining room staff did a good job but our impression was they were overextended and service suffered at times.

Passengers in the most part were in the 60's/70's/80's with most in the 70/80 group - our impression. Few younger but they were the exception.

Naples007 mentioned the vibration. Our cabin was on deck 11 forward and the vibration was noticeable. Not a big negative but it is there, more of a nuisance than anything serious.

My first reply is apparently lost, so 2nd try:

We were the youngest on a Sept Navigator trip at 44 & 50, excepting some of the Captain's relatives who brought along a toddler. See my review for more impressions.

The vibrations are usually noticeable at some point on the cruise in aft areas, esp Compass Rose; but we, like most people, were not bothered. I've only heard of rare passengers who were bothered in their room enough to say they wouldn't sail this ship again. Suggestion, try to book a room that is not completely aft.

The average age on this feb8th-19th cruise was in the 70's. Lights out after the show 1030pm.. The ship quickly became a ghost town and the crew couldn't wait to party in their mess hall. I would have to say it will be the same in the med. Retirees always have more time on there hands than the working class, and thus they always find time to cruise, especially when its a week or longer cruise

I will be on the Navigator at the end of May and wondered about Laundry service. On Holland America, they have an "unlimited laundry" service that means you can pack substantially less of your everyday stuff. I saw on the web that RSSC has some laundry service, just wondered if they ran any "specials" while you were aboard? I am really looking forward to trying this new cruise line in May sailing to beautiful Bermuda. Thanks in advance,

The soap for the selfservice washer was complimentary, but we did the rest. That seems a bit different that an unqualified "complimentary"! We were not in a special category, so full complimentary may be those larger suites??

Not to nit pick, just to clarify. Use of the laundry room facilities is free. But if you send out laundry, or dry cleaning, there is a charge. Never a "special" on this as someone asked, except if you are on the full World Cruise.

/editing to say that I don't know what the pricing is for the premium cabins is, as I have never had one.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the information on the laundry. Two new questions: do they provide robes in all cabins, and does anyone have an idea what time they will let us board the ship in NY? I need to schedule a limo... Thanks again,

Archived