Baleine tours/ St Vincent

nigkar

I have seen many r good reviews for Wayne and Baleine tours.

Could anyone tell me how long the tour is and what it includes,and how much it costs ?

I have also heard that the Baleine falls is closed again.Can anyone confrim this.

Thanks.

The Falls of Baleine Tour with Captain Wayne is a wonderful tour, we take it each time we are in St. Vincent and it never ceases to get old, as there is always something new and exciting to see.

From what I am told, there has been a landslide at the Falls again, but it is supposed to be cleaned up and re-opened within the next month or so (give or take). But even without the falls, it's still a great tour (many times we could not access the falls (landslides again) but went to the lava flow instead to swim and look for volcanic diamonds) plus the other stops that are usually included with the tour.

As for the length of the tour, what has been included and the price. Captain Wayne picks us up at the pier shortly after the ship docks, usually around 8:30-9:00 and brings us back at the end of the day in plenty of time to reboard the ship before sailing. The last stop on the tour is the black sand beach which isn't too far from the pier when you have a fast boat which he provides. He always gets us back in time and never have we had to worry about missing the ship. The tour also includes lunch at the Pirates of the Caribbean movie set (which is delicious). Drinks are at your expense at lunch. Rum punch and soda is provided on the boat, complimentary.

Wayne takes a minimum of 12 and maximum of 24 passengers (we usually put the word out on our roll call and have never had problems filling the boat). The price per person, which includes lunch is $80 per person.

I hope that answers some of your questions. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We took this tour on November 17th. I had contacted a group of 21 cruisers who were also interested. When we left the Celebrity Millenium the rain was pouring down and we were not sure it would be a go. But we had only three "no shows". Perhaps this would not have happened had there been a deposit required. But that is not Captain Wayne's way. He is not fond of email and computers, but he called me three times to make arrangements. His large comfortable boat is amazing! He designed it himself and had it built to his specifications in Trinidad. It has three large, powerful engines that can race across the water. On our trip this allowed us to avoid some rainstorms. However, you will be impressed by Captain Wayne's intricate knowlegde of the waters and the terrain. He can stop that boat almost on a dime, and can get really close to the cliffs and nesting birds. He was able to reverse it into the mouth of the Bat Cave - amazing! We went up the leeward side of St. Vincent, alternating high speed with slower stops to view the points of interest that were so well narrated by Captain Wayne. He loves his island, and it was great to each be given a large map to follow throughout our journey. Although the Falls of Baleine were closed due to hurricane Thomas damage, we had a wonderful tour. We raced out to sea and found dolphins to play around the boat, but did not find whales that trip. Since the Pirates of the Caribbean movie set had been damaged by strong winds and the roof of the restaurant was damaged, we were not able to stop there for lunch. But instead we had a delicious picnic on the beach, supplied by Wayne's wife and the restaurant owner (I think). There was an area with picnic facilities and washrooms. After lunch and snorkelling we went to another beautiful area for snorkelling where the cliff plunges straight down 100 feet. The water was very clear and coral and fish were abundant. Back on board we had refreshing drinks. Lunch, gear and drinks were all included in the $80 cost. Everyone of us agreed that it was the best tour of our whole ten day cruise, despite the less than promising weather. We will be sure to take this tour again whenever we return to St. Vincent.

To bad about the movie set being damaged....any idea if it will be repaired??? That was part of our reason for Waynes tour...plus the possiblilty of seeing whales and dolphins...

Is there any shopping at the pier that is doable after Waynes tour...any local crafts?? What is a good local buy??

The tour lasts all day/$80 per person. It should include Baleine Falls, but they are closed again ... not sure for how long. It also includes lunch at beach where the Pirates of the Caribbean Set is located, but the day we were there (14 Dec), we were told NatGeo was there filming, so it was off limits (it turns out that they had packed up and left, but we didn't miss a thing really from what I could tell). Wayne made arrangements for a picnic lunch instead. We sailed up the coast to a lava flow beach for swimming, then to another beach for lunch, then to another beach for snorkeling. Went out quite aways from the shore for whales and dolphins, but didn't see any that day. Even though our tour didn't end up being exactly as planned, we had a great time.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived