Ship / port time - can I make excursion?

hcheese

Will be stopping in Key West (on NCL Pearl) in a few weeks. I know this may be a silly question, but is ship time and local time the same? I would assume so given the port, but we all know that it varies sometime. We get in at 8 and I’m planning to go parasailing with Fury at 9. For those who have used Fury, does this sound doable ( I think they are pretty close to port) or should I should shoot for later? We are in port only until 3 so I would like to maximize my time and do this as early as possible.

Thanks!!:p

Ship time and Key West time should be the same because Key West is currently on Eastern Standard time, the same as Miami. That said, carefully read your daily bulletin because if ship's time differs from local time, this fact will be mentioned prominently in your daily bulletin.

Someone else will have to answer your questions about Fury excursions because I haven't tried one of their excursions yet.

When the Pearl stops in Key West, it's necessary to go through Immigration and get your ship's card punched before getting off. Immigration, on our recent trip, was between 8 and 10. Priority is given to concierge people and those taking ship excursions and then it went by deck. Immigration officials are not always prompt, so it could be delayed starting. The lines are always longest for the beginning of the process.

It would pay to remind your tour operator about your situation

When the Pearl stops in Key West, it's necessary to go through Immigration and get your ship's card punched before getting off. Immigration, on our recent trip, was between 8 and 10. Priority is given to concierge people and those taking ship excursions and then it went by deck. Immigration officials are not always prompt, so it could be delayed starting. The lines are always longest for the beginning of the process.

It would pay to remind your tour operator about your situation

Good to remember.Thanks

Archived