Seating Arrangements

millerboy88

I have been on several cruises, always with a group. This time we are going for our Anniversary and it will be just the 2 of us. I was wondering how to go about having a table for just the 2 of us in the dining room versus sitting with another group. Thanks for any help!!

If you do Your Time Dining , you go to the main dining room at any time you want and you are seated as in a normal restaurant at a table for 2 if that is what you desire.

We did this on our last cruise and it was great! IF you like the servers you have you can always get seated in their section of the dining room.

No reason to bribe any Carnival employee.

And please don't bother John with something so trivial, he already gets enough such low level request from his blog followers.

All you have to do is ask the Maitre'd after boarding, if a table is available they will do their best to accommodate you.

If you are doing Your Time Dining, all you need to do is show up at the Hostess Station, and they will take care of you.

If you have assigned dining, then you will need to speak to the Maitre D' during Embarkation. Check the Fun Times (damnit I wanted to say Carnival Capers so badly!) for the time and location.

Best of luck and enjoy your anniversary cruise!

Depends on the ship, on a crowded freedom in the summer tons of couples sitting alone. They weren't anytime dinners either as they sat in the same seat everyday. My friend ate late and I sat with my kids alone at dinner too. We would bring their friends with us quite often though.

I have been on several cruises, always with a group. This time we are going for our Anniversary and it will be just the 2 of us. I was wondering how to go about having a table for just the 2 of us in the dining room versus sitting with another group. Thanks for any help!!

Make sure your anniversary date is noted in your booking arrangements - however, for your actual date, I would book the specialty restaurant - go all out, ain't you guys worth it?

We have been on 17 cruises, and only missed once getting a table for two.Grab a caper from the end of the atrium bar when boarding, and it will say were the Maitre De will be taking requests and what time.It always seems to be at 1:30.in one of the dinning rooms.On the Dream last year we went, and expected a long line.Seems like they are doing it different now and they let you sit down in the dinning room and wait.You will give them your name and when your turn comes they call you.It used to be give them $20 but they only told us if we like the dinning service show it in a tip at the end of the cruise if we want.The time we didnt get a table for two we were placed at a table for four.Do tell them its a special cruise.Try to get at least one person to the dinning room as soon as it opens for requests.Seems like most people are trying to change there dinning times, or the dinning room.Good luck and have a great cruise.:)

We have been on 17 cruises, and only missed once getting a table for two.Grab a caper from the end of the atrium bar when boarding, and it will say were the Maitre De will be taking requests and what time.It always seems to be at 1:30.in one of the dinning rooms.On the Dream last year we went, and expected a long line.Seems like they are doing it different now and they let you sit down in the dinning room and wait.You will give them your name and when your turn comes they call you.It used to be give them $20 but they only told us if we like the dinning service show it in a tip at the end of the cruise if we want.The time we didnt get a table for two we were placed at a table for four.Do tell them its a special cruise.Try to get at least one person to the dinning room as soon as it opens for requests.Seems like most people are trying to change there dinning times, or the dinning room.Good luck and have a great cruise.:)

We LOVE a table for 2 - been on many many cruises and we enjoy our dinners together. Every time our requests have been filled.

Archived