5th cruise, 1st on RC and 1st for son

G&TQ

Ok DH and I have cruised 4 times on Carnival and we are looking forward to traveling with our son. We have a preference for the smaller ships and are looking forward to the Monarch! Any pointers or tips for this ship?

Over 5 months away but I can't wait.

Happy Sailing!!:D:D:D

Monarch was our first cruise back in 1999. It is an older ship, it was a bit even then, but we loved it. Also, I know it has been refurbished quite a bit since then.

Probably not best to judge RCCL by this ship though, since it is one of their oldest, but I'm sure you will have a great time. I haven't cruised with Carnival myself, but have a lot of friends and family who have done both and greatly prefer RCCL.

we have been on the rccl monarch, the ccl fantasy and ccl sensation. The monarch is our favorite of the three hands down. The ships itself as well as the service is superb. however the food and entertainment were better on the two carnival ships. I would definately sail on the monarch again and probably will. the quest show is a must however may be inappropriate for kids if they are too young. if you have any specific questions let me know.

Thanks for your responses. The bigger ships seem like they have too much for a short cruise. I don't want to come needing a vacation. Since DS has never cruised we thought a short one would be best. I also got companion fare for free. Next time maybe we will try a larger ship.

Archived