Daylight Savings Time Ends

matondo

I just realized that Daylight Savings time ends while we are on our cruise!! That means we get an extra hour on the ship:D:D:D.

Seriously though, for those who have done the Mexican Riveria is there a time change on the cruise or will it just happen when we return to San Diego?

The other thing you will need to remember is that Mexico changed back to Standard time before the US does so when you cruise they will have already fallen back so Ports like Cabo will be the same time, and instead of two hours difference it will only be one hour in PV. But yes if Daylight savings time ends on the Sunday you disembark then you will get an extra hour of sleep and one more hour on the ship ;)

A bit off topic, but when we were on HAL for Mexican Riviera Cruise, we advanced our clocks for Mazatlan to the equivalent of Mountain Time. Puerto Vallarta was on Central Time, but the ship remained on Mountain Time.

Adding the return to Standard Time in the US to the whole process will keep you on your toes.

I just realized that Daylight Savings time ends while we are on our cruise!! That means we get an extra hour on the ship:D:D:D.

Wow... you'd be extatic if you crossed the International Dateline from west to east - you get an entire extra DAY on the ship!... LOL.

BillB: Anything to spend more time on those Dam ships. An hour is an hour LOL. I will try to convince DH to try crossing the International Dateline so we can get that extra day. Just need to wait until they offer it on a week cruise. :rolleyes:

OceanWench: I appreciate the input about DST. The question is now, how long will it take me to learn the new behavior? Daylight Saving Time..Daylight Saving Time..I will now go practice saying it outloud.;)

Archived