Costa Maya Beach Break Party

Cruzin' Rob

If you're referring to the one at http://www.costamayacruiseexcursions.com that's $25/pp, I did that one in December. I've got pictures at the link below if you're interested.

I had a great day at Pez Quadro. Being the last beach down the street in Mahahual, it wasn't as crowded. The bartenders were great, taking care of you without getting in your way. I'd do it again in April if I wasn't pregnant this time around. Won't exactly be worth the money. ;)

I'd be happy to answer any questions for you. There's a few others on the Costa Maya board who have done this tour, also, just do a search on "Pez Quadro" to find some other reviews.

Which beach/bar/restaurant is this excursion on? Do you think you can just walk up and pay as you go? Did you have the lobster lunch or anything to eat?

It's at a bar called Pez Quadro. Take the taxi to Mahahual, and walk down the road until there's no shops left, and that's where Pez Quadro will be. Across the street is a cute white hotel where the restrooms and restaurant are.

The drink-inclusive package is $25/pp. They do take walk-ups, but if you're planning on spending time at the beach, they'll only guarantee beach chairs for the ones who buy the package - apparently when they first started doing this, the walk-ups were taking all the chairs, and those that paid in advance didn't have a chair for the day. Pay as you go prices were about what you'd find in your local restaurant - beers were about $2-3, and fruity drinks were about $5.

I believe the restaurant has more of a selection than what's offered through the website I mentioned above, but my mom and I split the cheese quesadillas (sp?) pre-ordered for $5, and they were delicious. I've heard their other selections are fantastic, but I'm not a seafood person, so I can't comment.

The beach itself is great because the few vendors that are there aren't pushy at all, and the crowd was much smaller - there was ship kayaking excursion that stopped there for a bit, but after they left, it was our group of 4, and a handful of others. The bar was playing some fun, upbeat music, and people were just having fun hanging out by the bar chatting with each other and the bartenders. From what I hear, this area is a favorite spot for a lot of crew members as well.

Archived