Question on price reductions?

BoPippy

Our cruise on Emerald next April just dropped over $118.00 for the 3rd time since we booked.I was always able to get the reduction before and now the Princess website shows the price i want,but my TA says that Princess is doing this for new booking only?How is that possible?Final paymeny not for 3 or 4 months yet.

Can a person then just cancel and re-book.Seems kind of a scam??Opinions from anyone who had this happen would be appreciated:confused:

This exact same thing is currently being discussed on another thread here just a few down from yours. Yes, they can run flash promotions before final payment that are for new bookings only. If you cancel and rebook, you run the risk of loosing your preferred stateroom choice. It seems Princess is running these promos for new bookings only more often now then they used to. Not a scam, just a way around dropping all fares for those currently booked. ;)

I have a cruise booked on the Star in April and also noticed a price drop today. I called Princess, and the customer service rep said it was for new bookings only, but she encouraged me to cancel and rebook. This far out there are no penalties for cancelling and rebooking. Also, I had booked a guarantee so there were no concerns about losing a particular stateroom. She rebooked me at the lower price, so I'm all set.

Our 3/13/11 cruise on CB went down too.

Two groups/couples called their individual TAs who did cancel and rebook them with same cabin assignment to get their reduction. Was very important to one couple to keep their assigned cabin (one with extended balcony) and they had no problem. They did have a small cancel fee they had to pay.

One person's ta told him he would have to go down a category (from assigned BD to BE Gty) to get any reduction. Doesn't make sense since one of the couples above were also in a BD and their TA rebooked them w/no loss of cabin.

My TA is off till Sunday so will have to wait and see if I can rebook for a reduction. I may have a cancel fee too.

I just did this for our cruise on the Emerald in February (3rd price drop so far). I just cancelled and re-booked the exact same cabin. No problems. I just had to go through and re-enter some stuff in the cruise personalizer, took all of 10 minutes.

Several months ago we booked our February 2011 cruise directly with Princess. We already got one price reduction & today I saw that the price had dropped again. I called Princess & while still on the phone w/the rep, she emailed our new booking confirmation. This drop was about $200 pp & the first one was about $250pp. It really pays to monitor the prices.

Could someone send the reduction fairy my way please :D I check our fare every other day and no drop yet. We're in a BB on the Ruby Jan. 30th. Once we've made final payment can we still ask for the reduction if it happens? I'd be happy with an OBC.

Could someone send the reduction fairy my way please :D I check our fare every other day and no drop yet. We're in a BB on the Ruby Jan. 30th. Once we've made final payment can we still ask for the reduction if it happens? I'd be happy with an OBC.

Yes! We have had a price reduced after final payment when booking with Princess directly, not sure about with a TA.

Jan

I went on-line this moring and saw that our cruise on Crown for February had dropped in price. I called Princess and asked to have my cruise re-priced. It was done immediately. I got off the phone and received a confirmation email within minutes. This is the second time I have done this for this cruise.

With a TA or with Princess - it depends on the rate code (before and after final payment). It never hurts to ask.

We've had 2 price reductions since we booked our cruise in July for 2/11. I called again today since our cabin had gone down another $100 but was told only for new bookings.:( We could do a new booking but we might lose the coveted E730! I don't want to take a chance. I hope my DH will understand it's worth paying$200 more!:D

We've had 2 price reductions since we booked our cruise in July for 2/11. I called again today since our cabin had gone down another $100 but was told only for new bookings.:( We could do a new booking but we might lose the coveted E730! I don't want to take a chance. I hope my DH will understand it's worth paying$200 more!:D

Maybe DH doesn't have to know......:D:D:D:D

This came up in another thread. It seems like this week, a lot of people with payments far out are being told that "it is for new bookings only" when asking for price reductions. I wonder if this is a computer glitch or a new way of operating for Princess.

Could be a bit of both. We are sailing the end of Feb on the Ruby and received a past passenger promo on Sept 13th of $150 pp and also today for $50 pp.

This came up in another thread. It seems like this week, a lot of people with payments far out are being told that "it is for new bookings only" when asking for price reductions. I wonder if this is a computer glitch or a new way of operating for Princess.

If your TA is saying you don't get price drops that's a good reason not to use a TA. (or that TA) We are sailing on CB Feb 27 and just got our third price drop. Booked direct with Princess. Saw price drop on website and called reservation number. Very nice young lady adjusted fare and sent me booking confirmation. Took a couple of minutes. Now at $709 pp for cat BD. When we booked this in March it was at over $1200 pp. This is fourth cruise with Princess and have always gotten price drops (or upgrades) with or without TA. :)

I learned of a price drop on Saturday, from someone's post on the roll call for our March 2011 cruise on the Emerald. I immediately called Princess, and the nice young man I spoke with re-fared us at the lower rate and sent me the email confirmation.

I have done this for several past cruises, all booked directly with Princess, and have been rewarded with the reduced fare for the cabins we already had booked. For some cruises there have been more than one reduction, and we have always been able to take advantage of them.

Thank you, Princess!!! Things like this are what keep me sailing with Princess.

At first my TA said New Bookings only,then i sent a copy of a few of the answers here with others getting the reduced rate and this am my TA sent confirmation of $104.00 reduction,the 3rd one this year!!Yippee,it pays for a tour!:):)

Great persitence on your part and congrats! Some here have a great relationship with their TA and always get the smokin' deals. We've had ups and downs with TA's and our last one went bankrupt. We've always had great experiences booking direct with Princess and just got our 3rd price drop for our Feb, 2011 sailing. TA's have their place - we just haven't found one that works for us. Besides, I'm a control freak and hate relying on the middleman (TA). :eek:

Archived