Need ES Info in a Nutshell Please

seasearider59

Do you really lose ALL of your deposit if you have to cancel for some reason?

If you book with an ES price and then a Past Guest discount comes up, do you get that discount also?

If you see a price drop, is it really that easy just to call Carnival and tell them about it and then they automatically do it? OR do you have to fill out some sort of forms and send them off to them and wait for approval? (I read about these forms and that just threw me off.)

The woman I spoke with started talking quickly when I started asking questions. I just like to know the rules short and to the point.

Thanks in advance for any pointers..........

Do you really lose ALL of your deposit if you have to cancel for some reason? You lose $50 pp, the balance is held for a future cruise

If you book with an ES price and then a Past Guest discount comes up, do you get that discount also? Yes, if the PG rate is lower than what you paid

If you see a price drop, is it really that easy just to call Carnival and tell them about it and then they automatically do it? OR do you have to fill out some sort of forms and send them off to them and wait for approval? (I read about these forms and that just threw me off.) Submit a form

The woman I spoke with started talking quickly when I started asking questions. I just like to know the rules short and to the point.

Thanks in advance for any pointers..........

Hope that helps

Depends on what you mean by "lost".

Once paid, an ES deposit is gone forever... you can never get it back.

However, you can use it toward a future cruise if you cancel or change plans, less a $50 fee assessed when you cancel or change plans.

We're sailing a year from now so I did not want to risk Early saver and besides you can't get an OBC with it. So........this week they ran a past guest with $300 OBC in addition to the $150 I already got from the last Past guest and that's refundable up to final payment and much better than the early saver for my cruise. I did book early saver on another cruise that sails in a few weeks but we are driving there.

You really are playing a game trying to get the best price. Sometimes it's early saver and sometimes its other rates but with no penalties.

You say you get a credit for a future cruise????

So we paid $300 a person down payment on an 8 day cruise for four people (two rooms......two people to a room).

Now, if one cancels, we loose $50 and $250 can be held for a future cruise.....does it have to be in that person's name that cancelled or is it in the person's name who paid for it????

Archived