Pacific Sun in Emerald Bay today

thied

Email from the parents on board saying the captain decided to go to emerald bay today instead of isle of pines due to large swells. Lets hope they settle down for tomorrow.

dave

Oh, Thats sad, even though both places are nice, but I prefer the Isle de Pines. We have friends onboard, for their first ever cruise. I am disappointed they have missed out on the Pines, and hoping that the seas have not been too rough for them.

Oh, Thats sad, even though both places are nice, but I prefer the Isle de Pines. We have friends onboard, for their first ever cruise. I am disappointed they have missed out on the Pines, and hoping that the seas have not been too rough for them.

Good news, it looks like they have just reversed the order and are in Isle of Pines today.:)

Jenny

Good news, it looks like they have just reversed the order and are in Isle of Pines today.:)

Jenny

So glad that P&O have done that. Many thanks for letting me know. Very pleased they are going to Isle de Pines. Great detective work, thanks.:)

It's very easy to find out what they are doing, bobhsv. You just look at the web cams on the P&O site.

The P&O Facebook site is good to look at for information, as well. If you disregard the silly posts, you will find P&O answer genuine, sensible queries. (You don't have to join to LOOK at the posts - only if you want to reply.)

For instance, in answer to a poster's enquiries about the Melbourne Cup Cruise on the Jewel, P&O have just replied as follows:

P&O Cruises Australia Good morning everyone, just to give you an update on Pacific Jewel. She moved over to Glebe Island at the weekend where work is continuing to repair her propulsion system. We’re still working on the basis the Jewel will be sailing on Saturday on her Melbourne Cup cruise. In the meantime, here’s a photo of work underway – it’s a complex job focused on a small space in machinery that rises three storeys in height. Experts from here and overseas are working 24/7 to get Pacific Jewel ready to sail for Melbourne. We’ll keep you posted as work continues.

71737_486441766186_121528936186_7252529_5280742_s.jpg

Thats kind of what i meant to say but wasn't clear enough.

Its my parents first cruise and they are loving it..

dave

We did the same itinerary on the Pacific Sun in September and had a fantastic time too. I hope the weather is kind to them.

Jenny

Archived