Athens Hotel

bionicbeacher

We are making arrangements to stay in Athens for a couple of days next September....we are thinking of the Athens Gate Hotel as it is close to some of the attractions.

Would like some feedback to know if we are making a good choice or not.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks You

Ken

I just stayed at the Athens Gate for 4 nights after my cruise in early October. I think you cannot beat this hotel for the price. The service was excellent; every time I had a question, it was answered thoroughly and pleasantly by the staff at the front desk. The rooms are modern (to me a bit Spartan) but well equipped and relatively large for a European hotel. I did not have a view, but I got a very good price on the Internet and I was not expecting one. Many rooms do have gorgeous views, either of the Acropolis or of the Temple of Olympian Zeus on the other side. I had no problems with noise.

There is one terminal with free internet in the lobby.

The rooftop is where you must spend some time -- the views in either direction are probably the best in all of Athens. Trust me, I stayed at Grand Bretagne before my cruise, and these views are better (not to mention that a drink on the rooftop is about one-third the price :rolleyes:). Breakfast is also served on the rooftop, and there's a large spread with plenty of bread, cereals, eggs, bacon, etc. The staff will bring you a cappucino upon request. There is also dinner served in this area at night.

The location is perfect -- about a block to the pedestrian-only street (Dionyssou Areopagitou) that leads directly to the Acropolis Museum and to the "easier path" up to the Acropolis. Even closer is the metro station (Akropolis).

All in all, I don't think I could've chosen any better. :)

I just stayed at the Athens Gate for 4 nights after my cruise in early October. I think you cannot beat this hotel for the price. The service was excellent; every time I had a question, it was answered thoroughly and pleasantly by the staff at the front desk. The rooms are modern (to me a bit Spartan) but well equipped and relatively large for a European hotel. I did not have a view, but I got a very good price on the Internet and I was not expecting one. Many rooms do have gorgeous views, either of the Acropolis or of the Temple of Olympian Zeus on the other side. I had no problems with noise.

There is one terminal with free internet in the lobby.

The rooftop is where you must spend some time -- the views in either direction are probably the best in all of Athens. Trust me, I stayed at Grand Bretagne before my cruise, and these views are better (not to mention that a drink on the rooftop is about one-third the price :rolleyes:). Breakfast is also served on the rooftop, and there's a large spread with plenty of bread, cereals, eggs, bacon, etc. The staff will bring you a cappucino upon request. There is also dinner served in this area at night.

The location is perfect -- about a block to the pedestrian-only street (Dionyssou Areopagitou) that leads directly to the Acropolis Museum and to the "easier path" up to the Acropolis. Even closer is the metro station (Akropolis).

All in all, I don't think I could've chosen any better. :)

Many thanks for your input. We have made contact with the Hotel and booked ourselves in for two nights.

Thanks again for your great information and for taking the time to respond to our question, we appreciate it very much.

Ken

Archived