Port Douglas

Commodore

• 3 weeks later...
Question for the Aussies:

Who knows a tour operator that has a tour to the Kuranda train and skyrail tour that departs after 0930 from Port Douglas as our ship the Diamond Princess does not get there until 0900.:mad:Thanks[/quote

Double check where you ship docks. not many ships can get into Port Douglas its possible you will be docking at Yorkeys knob have you googled the Sky rail its reconised as one of Australias top tourist high lights.the sky rail runs all day time is not a problem.

go into P&O cruises australia. and post there.

Hi there fellow ccer

If you google the tour sites and email them, a number of them vary their tours to suit the ship

you just find the right one and others will help here and they will get you the info you need and book you in.

You will find at least two of the normal early leaving tours will leave late, If I can find who I went through last time, I will email you the link

take care

Greg:)

Hi there fellow ccer

If you google the tour sites and email them, a number of them vary their tours to suit the ship

you just find the right one and others will help here and they will get you the info you need and book you in.

You will find at least two of the normal early leaving tours will leave late, If I can find who I went through last time, I will email you the link

take care

Greg:)

Thanks for the input.

Port Douglas is a tender port.

Ship anchors quite a way off and it does take time to get ashore.

Kuranda and the Sky Rail is then quite a way from Port Douglas, but doable if all is arranged.....

and the booked tours get you back in order to get back to the ship.

Which cruise are you on with Diamond Princess?

We are going there in Dec.

Also suggest you post the question on the Au/NZ board, or the P&O Australia board , which covers all cruising in Australia, as there may be some folk who have done this tour from Port Douglas.

Archived