Liberty 10-16/10-23 not my favorite!

cbMcruiser

Again, we did enjoy ourselves for the most part, we always do! We also had a great cabin staff and steward. We loved the food and the drinks were made magnificantly! "Tommy" made the best martini's we have had in a long time! However, we are both cancer survivors and our itinerary has been adjusted to try and stay away from sun activities. We bring a travel scrabble board and books and like to sit on our balcony, the 3rd floor deck or somewhere on the 5th floor around the sushi bar! Not grumbling, just giving my opinion! Really glad that you had one of your best cruises, I look forward to our next being one of our best!

I did understand from your original post cbMcruiser, that your cruise was not a total loss, and that you did enjoy some things about it. I didnt think it was all that negative. I guess it all comes down to the fact that we all like different aspects of a cruise. For me, the food/dining and the main dining room are very important, but for you the dining room is not part of your experience, so that is entirely individual. I guess if I went on a cruise where most things were great, but the dining room was bad, I might feel like you did. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your cruise experience. :)

I was on the Liberty in March. This was one of my favorite cruises. The decor was nice, the food was excellent. The dinning room service was a little below par. They seemed to have cut back in staff and were spread thin covering too many tables. We had early dining. The room steward did a nice job, however he never introduced himself. I don't think I ever saw him to be honest. However again did a great job at keeping our room perfect. Our room was the best location on the Lido deck I think it was room 9292 it was a handicapped room which we did not expect but the bathroom was huge and my daughter and I loved it. The entertainment was ok. I loved HMC this by far is one of my favorite ports. The beach was absolutely gorgeous. I enjoyed Grand Turk, the pool at Margaritaville is awesome. I would cruise the Liberty again in a heartbeat. We leave on the valor in 24 days. I hope it lives up to the great experience we had on the Liberty or exceeds it if that is possible. I am sorry the Liberty didn't meet your expectations hope your next cruise is a more enjoyable one for you..

I was also on that cruise (it was our first Carnival cruise) and we had a fantastic time! We loved it and are making plans to book another Carnival cruise right now because of it. We were part of the My Time Dining and loved the experience. We eat in the MDR every night, so I don't know about buffet desserts in the evening. And I saw the aft grill open a lot. We went to the aft pool area during both sea days because of the rain and the grill was open both of those days at lunch time. And we went back there in the evenings for an ice cream cone a couple of times and the grill was open then too. The Fun Times posted the hours of all the dining choices and I'm pretty sure it had the hours there. I did notice quite a few photography set-ups but didn't think it was difficult to pass by them (unless a show is letting out and that's just the nature of a crowd leaving a theater). But like the others said, different people have different experiences. This one is making me book Carnival again. I hope your next cruise is everything you hope for. :)

Archived