Another question about Oasis (kind of dumb)....

Ok so I am booked on the Oasis for next year (so excited....:D:D) and I just changed this morning to a D8 (cheaper price). I have asked this question before but never really got any detailed experience from other people that went on Oasis. Some of the oceanview rooms have the bed near the balcony and some near the bathroom. I just wanted to know if anyone had any problems with the bed near the bathroom? It looks like it is really close to the closet in some pictures and I wonder if there is any room to move while getting clothes. We ordered room service alot last month on the Liberty and it was really nice to have the person come in and not have to walk around the bed to put the food down on the little table. I know it is a stupid question but I was just wondering about it. Also does the TV come out and move from side to side like the ones on the Liberty? Thanks

Not a stupid question at all :D We had bed by the balcony so we were good to go, but my kids were in an inside with the bed near the closet. Because they were separated into 2 twins, one of the beds was literally butted up to the closet. You had to stand on the bed to get stuff in and out of the closet. It was a major pain, although they didn't care - they just left their clothes wherever...lol. If I had been in that room I wouldn't have been very happy :rolleyes:

And the TV does swivel some.

Ok so I am booked on the Oasis for next year (so excited....:D:D) and I just changed this morning to a D8 (cheaper price). I have asked this question before but never really got any detailed experience from other people that went on Oasis. Some of the oceanview rooms have the bed near the balcony and some near the bathroom. I just wanted to know if anyone had any problems with the bed near the bathroom? It looks like it is really close to the closet in some pictures and I wonder if there is any room to move while getting clothes. We ordered room service alot last month on the Liberty and it was really nice to have the person come in and not have to walk around the bed to put the food down on the little table. I know it is a stupid question but I was just wondering about it. Also does the TV come out and move from side to side like the ones on the Liberty? Thanks

No issues at all with the bed and closet. We had 8582 and I actually prefered to have the sofa near the window. :)

I think ocean view and balcony are two different categories??

Go SKINS! Grew up in Arlington.

Bison, the OP said it was a "D8", so, it IS a balcony cabin...

I have not yet been on an Oasis-class ship, but have been on some others with similar configurations...they tend to alternate bed location because the cabins are not rectangles...the have reciprocating "slants"...

I have had the beds in both locations...and it really makes little difference to me...I adjust to either configuration...

But, if I had to choose, I prefer to have the bed near the closet so that the sitting area would be toward the balcony...

The room service folks have no problem walking past the bed--they are very much accustomed to doing this since half the cabins on the ship are set up this way...

But, for us, it's nice to sit on the sofa and have the natural light coming in from the window for reading or whatever else we are doing with this part of the cabin...and the balcony becomes an extension of the sitting area...

Since we always have the beds "together", there has always been sufficient room to get to the closet...

Bison, the OP said it was a "D8", so, it IS a balcony cabin...

I have not yet been on an Oasis-class ship, but have been on some others with similar configurations...they tend to alternate bed location because the cabins are not rectangles...the have reciprocating "slants"...

I have had the beds in both locations...and it really makes little difference to me...I adjust to either configuration...

But, if I had to choose, I prefer to have the bed near the closet so that the sitting area would be toward the balcony...

The room service folks have no problem walking past the bed--they are very much accustomed to doing this since half the cabins on the ship are set up this way...

But, for us, it's nice to sit on the sofa and have the natural light coming in from the window for reading or whatever else we are doing with this part of the cabin...and the balcony becomes an extension of the sitting area...

Since we always have the beds "together", there has always been sufficient room to get to the closet...

Oh.... So if the beds are together I won't be standing on it to get to the closet??. Our bed is together so maybe that would work. I like the balcony near the bed so I can see the water at night with the curtains open. Thanks

I had the same concerns, and actually switched cabins! Yes, for me, personally, I would prefer the bed near the balcony. For others, there is no preference. I have read some members saying that the bed near the closet made it a little challenging to get into the closet, so bed near balcony was preferred.

Our 1st cruise ever is on Oasis next year too! I think about our cruise every single day!!

Note: I also read that the TV's do come out and are able to swivel

I also had another question (did not feel like starting a new thread). When do they usually post the shows online to reserve tickets? Even though it is not for another year I wanted to see the time frame for each show so that I can get as many in as I can. Thanks

Usually between 60-90 days before your cruise. The RCI website tells me to check back about 2 months before our cruise, but I have read of members who were lucky enough to get in sooner. I still check from time to time ...LOL

I am actually typing a spreadsheet of all the shows I want to see so I can organize our days. I know some people prefer to be spontaneous, etc. but for me, this is what works and the way I prefer to do it.

Usually between 60-90 days before your cruise. The RCI website tells me to check back about 2 months before our cruise, but I have read of members who were lucky enough to get in sooner. I still check from time to time ...LOL

I am actually typing a spreadsheet of all the shows I want to see so I can organize our days. I know some people prefer to be spontaneous, etc. but for me, this is what works and the way I prefer to do it.

I totally understand. I am a very detailed person when it comes to my vacations. I do like to be surprised but I have to do some research for hotels and stuff. I told my boyfriend I will not plan this trip and that he has to put some work in. He wasn't moving fast enough for me so I had to take over LOLOLOL! I am sure he has no problem wiht his girlfriend in charge of making the plans. All he needs to do is pay and show up :D:D

I totally understand. I am a very detailed person when it comes to my vacations. I do like to be surprised but I have to do some research for hotels and stuff. I told my boyfriend I will not plan this trip and that he has to put some work in. He wasn't moving fast enough for me so I had to take over LOLOLOL! I am sure he has no problem wiht his girlfriend in charge of making the plans. All he needs to do is pay and show up :D:D

LOL, that would be me too. Hubby isn't very good on the internet, or at researching, organizing, etc, so he's basically going to help with the packing and enjoy the cruise!

Archived