Bami Goreng?

stanford's girl

Thank you.

As posted above, I have the HAL recipe. I'm interested to compare it with Henri's and Pincus....their posts led me to believe they have ones they like.

This is not a recipe forum. But this is an HAL forum. We talk food alot on this HAL forum. :)

There are so many on the various search engines and recipe sites. This is just one of the first I saw that sounded good with the pork and prawns. Many include various combos of chicken, beef, pork, and seafood.

Bami Goreng

Ingredients: 350 gr. Medium Egg noodles

100 gr. Diced Pork Fillet

50 gr. Small Prawns

1 medium Onion

2 Cloves of Garlic

1 Carrot

1 Small Leek

2 tsp. Sambal Oelek

1 tsp. Trassi (shrimp paste)

3 tbs. Ketjap Manis

3 tbs. Oil

Pepper & Salt

Preparation:

Boil the noodles, using the instructions on the packet. Rinse and set aside.

Heat your wok and add the oil. Stir-fry the diced Onion and Garlic for 1 min. Add the meat, prawns, trassi and sambal oelek and fry for a further 3 min.Add the finely sliced carrots and leek and fry for 4 more min. Add the Noodles and Ketjap Manis. Use pepper and salt as needed and stir-fry for a further 4 min.

Serve hot. Delicious with Hot Peanut sauce.

Here is a recipe for Henri's recommendation- Pisang Goreng. Sounds fabulous.

Pisang Goreng (Indonesian Banana Fritters)

"The most popular Indonesian snacks in my version. Serve it hot and make extra. With this recipe, you always want more!" Original recipe yield: 4 servings.

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

1/4 tablespoon vanilla powder

1/2 cup milk

1 egg

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1 teaspoon rum flavoring

4 ripe bananas, sliced

2 cups oil for frying

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and vanilla powder. Make a well in the center, and pour in milk, egg, melted butter and rum flavoring. Mix until smooth. Fold in banana slices until evenly coated.

Heat oil in a wok or deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Drop banana mixture by tablespoon into hot oil. Fry until golden brown and crispy, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove bananas from oil, and drain on paper towels. Serve hot.

I'll have to skip the banana one..... I don't like to eat fried foods.

I think I may try the other one though. Sounds interesting.

I wish we had Indonesian restaurants in our area. We have Thai, Japanese and Vietnamese nearby but no Indonesian. I'd like to try more of their cuisine.

Hallo Henri,

I have sent this link http://kokkieblanda.nl/recipes/noodles.htm to friends all over the world. Of course to those who like to eat Bami goreng, Nasi Goreng, a good satay and more.

The problem with translations it is not only the words but also the conversions to ml/dl into cup etc. In Indonesion kitchen too much or too little of a certain ingredient can ruin your meal.

For those of you who can get Trassi (a type of shrimppaste), it smells, but it gives a special flavor to the meal.

We have very good indonesian restaurants in the netherlands, which I frequently visit.

Henri, graag gedaan....

Archived