Best hotels near cruise terminal

Wildcatter

We fly in on the 18th and the ship leaves on the 19th. I just want a safe place to sleep the night of the 18th near the beach and restaurants and shops. Free shuttle from the airport would be great, too. I understand that most of the hotels do not have a free breakfast. Any tips would be appreciated!

There are really no hotels close to the cruise terminal. You will want to stay in Waikiki where all the hotels are within walking distance to shops, restaurants and the beach. There are hotels in all price ranges....just do a search on this board and you will find lots of information.

None of the hotels in Waikiki have free shuttles. However, there are plenty of shuttle services and taxis available. Again, this board will provide you with lots of great information. Have fun planning!

I agree. No beach near the port. Most hotels in Waikiki, very few anywhere near port.

If you stay in Waikiki, you aren't really far from anything (airport, port) and as far as food, hotels, beach, stores, entertainment, and any thing else you might want, Waikiki has it w/in walking distance.

So, really, you need airport to hotel transport, hotel, and hotel to port transport. There is tons of info on his board for hotels and transportation.

We fly in on the 18th and the ship leaves on the 19th. I just want a safe place to sleep the night of the 18th near the beach and restaurants and shops. Free shuttle from the airport would be great, too. I understand that most of the hotels do not have a free breakfast. Any tips would be appreciated!

Check out the Ala Moana hotel. Rated 3 1/2 stars. Closer to the pier than the hotels in Waikiki and attached to the Ala Moana shopping center with loads of food options and shops (world's largest outdoor mall). The Trolley stops at Ala Moana shopping center and the pier and Waikiki, amongst other stops. The Ala Moana Beach park is right across the street. Not many hotels have free airport shuttles, but shuttles aren't expensive.

Archived