How early is Breakfast

Harbie

I have never cruised so I have lots of questions. We are leaving Sunday and I was wondering what time we can go have Breakfast. We are early risers. Plus, can you order room service to eat Breakfast on the balcony?

Breakfast on Carnival is continental, no hot food like Princess and RCL have, but yes, you can get it any time. A pot of coffee, fruit, pastries, that kind of thing.

Breakfast is earlier in the MDR than in the dining room. which do you plan on using? I think its like 7 in the buffet (where the omelet station is) or 8 am for the MDR.

I have never cruised so I have lots of questions. We are leaving Sunday and I was wondering what time we can go have Breakfast. We are early risers. Plus, can you order room service to eat Breakfast on the balcony?

There was breakfast in the dining room each day & the lido buffet too. Starting times depended on whether it was a sea day or port day. Seems atleast the buffet opened about 6 a.m., but I don't erally remember as we normally did the dining room. Yes on room service too. :)

Breakfast on Carnival is continental, no hot food like Princess and RCL have, but yes, you can get it any time. A pot of coffee, fruit, pastries, that kind of thing.

Breakfast is earlier in the MDR than in the dining room. which do you plan on using? I think its like 7 in the buffet (where the omelet station is) or 8 am for the MDR.

I think Firefly means to say that room service breakfast is continental -- no hot food. But there's a hot breakfast in the Lido buffet, as well as the dining room.

I think Firefly means to say that room service breakfast is continental -- no hot food. But there's a hot breakfast in the Lido buffet, as well as the dining room.

true!!! opps, good catch, thanks for clearing this up.

One thing to point out is that, if you're Embarking on a Sunday, you will not be able to get breakfast onboard the ship that same day (Sunday).

The last time I cruised, we arrived at the Terminal at 10:30am, got onboard by 11:30am and was able to have a buffet lunch with my wife on the Lido at that time.

On the day you're Disembarking, you will be able to have breakfast on the Lido before departing, but I am uncertain as to whether or not the MDR is open for breakfast service on that day or not.

One thing to point out is that, if you're Embarking on a Sunday, you will not be able to get breakfast onboard the ship that same day (Sunday).

The last time I cruised, we arrived at the Terminal at 10:30am, got onboard by 11:30am and was able to have a buffet lunch with my wife on the Lido at that time.

On the day you're Disembarking, you will be able to have breakfast on the Lido before departing, but I am uncertain as to whether or not the MDR is open for breakfast service on that day or not.

It was on my last cruise on Conquest.

The MDR was open on the Conquest this last week, it was just earlier, 6:30 -8:30.

If you get up really early you can order some coffee and fruit or pastries from room service and then go have a more substantial breakfast later in the MDR or on Lido deck. This is what DH does as he usually gets up hours before me:rolleyes:.

We just got off the Fascination yesterday - we had hot breakfast every morning including disembarking day... true, not through room service, but I did surprise hubby one morning and brought (hot) breakfast back to the room from the Lido deck. Actually I asked one of the staff members that was there clearing tables, if I could get some lids for my 2 plates of food - he explained to me they don't provide lids in order to discourage taking trays of food back to room.

I looked at him, like -- errrr now what ?? he said - its okay.. just take it :D

Something we learned on cruise critic and will be doing the first time on the Legend in January is use room service for our wake up call. We like to rise early but don't like to pack an alarm clock. So Paul will get his morning coffee delivered early and they will wake us up as a bonus. Then off to the MDR for a nice breakfast. Sounds perfect to me. Thanks all of you great cruisers!

We do the same thing, order coffee and danish from room service. They call before they come so there's the wakeup call. after the nice coffee on the balcony it's off to the Lido for "second breakfast". Hobbits like there second breakfast. Nancy

I pulled out a couple of Fun Times from our last cruise in April...here's what it says for breakfast times:

Sea Day:

7 am - 10:30 - Continental Breakfast on the Lido

8 am - 10:30 - Buffet Breakfast on the Lido

8 am - 10:00 - Open Seating in the MDR

8 am - 12:00 - Late Risers (I have no idea what this is but it's listed every day)

Port Day:

6 am - 10:30 - Continental Breakfast on the Lido

6:30 am - 10:30 - Buffet Breakfast on the Lido

7:30 am - 9:30 - Open Seating in the MDR

8:00 am - 12:00 - Late Risers

There's always room service (continental breakfast items) if you so choose.

Archived