security

deedon

on a recent criuse on liberty of seas i twice bought souvenier minitures of rum and handed them over to get delivered to my cabin on last day, another day we bought 4 souvenier candles, 3 was in one bag with the other in another bag, we were stopped for the one and asked to hand it to security, its a fire risk (it was obvious it was a souvenier) we handed it over got a receipt and told to claim it after security when we leave the ship. After security i was pointed to where to claim it, i went and as i was waiting i looked at the table and in brown bags it was obvious what was in some of them, guns knives and not in a bag a cattupult, i couldnt believe my 2 dollar candle could be same risk as those. i am trusted to sit in the bar or my balcany and smoke amd have a lighter but not trusted not to light my souvenier

i couldnt believe my 2 dollar candle could be same risk as those. i am trusted to sit in the bar or my balcany and smoke amd have a lighter but not trusted not to light my souvenier

Where does it say the risk is the same?

Just because both items are confiscated doesn't mean that the risk is equal, just that their is a perceived risk from a candle, from a knife, from a gun, from a catapult. And that the perceived risk is such that these goods need to be removed from their owners

why is one sealed glass candle spotted and taken and others werent isnt a lighter more of a risk, yet many carry them

A lighter automatically turns off when you release your finger from the trigger. You have to physically blow out a candle. Someone could easily light a candle and leave it unattended, causing a fire hazard.

As far as the "guns" on the table, they must have been replica or toy guns.

why is one sealed glass candle spotted and taken and others werent isnt a lighter more of a risk, yet many carry them

A lighter has an auto shut off...when the thumb leaves the gas switch, it turns off. If you leave a candle going there is no shut off, it will keep burning and burning.

Have you ever heard of a lighter being left on causing a fire? Nope because a lighter really can't be left to burn unattended. A candle is another story, I'm sure if i wanted to google candle i would find several articles about a house fire being started by one.

Kudos to Royal for not letting me burn while at sea.

Archived