Extreme Cruise Ship rerun?

Yeah I happened to go by TLC on the Time Warner Guide. I was like :D

The episode was alright. I prefer documentaries that detail the ships construction and/or talk more about the ships features, amenities, tours the ship and the public spaces, follows the ship on its ports of call and compares it to other ships in the fleet and other lines.

NBCs documentary on the NCL Jewel (or was it Pearl?) was the best I think I've seen. The Discovery Chanel HD's piece on the construction of the Liberty of the Seas and the Independence of the Seas is also very good.

I saw half of Extreme Cruise Ship on TLC tonight, and I was wondering when it will rerun or when a video will be available either online or DVD. Thanks all!

I just did a search on my cable system... and it is replaying overnight on TLC from 2-3AM Wed (10/27) Eastern

DH and I really enjoyed it. We liked watching the people who make our cruises happen, and a sneak peak at what Allure will look like (even tho we've seen other shows) was a bonus.

I did record it and will probably watch it again.

Since I work at night, I set my alarm and my TV to watch the Extrem Cruise documentary on TLC.

It was a good show. I enjoyed watching how they had "turn the ship over" between Debarkation and Embarkation. I ate a piece of cold pizza and a warm soda while I watched the program.

As soon as it was over, I fell back to sleep because I have to be at work at 6:30AM!

LoL I wake up 2 hours later in a fit... why?...I had a nightmare that we were leaving for our cruise and I left my passport at home. My beau and I are at the Cruise Port and asked my dad to drive back to my house and pick up my passport, but he needed to hurry becuase the ship left at 4pm and it was already 2pm.

All I remember after that was..the sun setting, the ship sailing without me, and my dad arriving with the wrong ID! ROFL

It was so vivid, I had to take a couple of deep breaths to realize that it was just a dream! NO MORE late night cold pizza.

I thought it was very interesting. I liked the fact it showed what we should expect for our allure cruise in dec. And to see how the employees really work was amazing. For a ship that size it is true what some people say. The embarking did go pretty flawless minus a couple things. And yes some people still seem they can bend the rules regarding papers or passports. I did feel bad for the couple that were denied boarding because she picked up the expired passport and not current. But u should always double and probably triple check EVERYTHING!!!!

I caught this yesterday and I enjoyed it. I liked the whole 12 hr process they showed of de-embarkation and embarkation. I thought showing the folks turned away with documentation problems interesting, I know we read about in on CC but seeing what the staff have to do in these situations was of interest to me. I would like to see another show about the ship itself, all the different areas.

Kerrie:)

I wasnt worth watching. It barely showed the ship.

I was about to say the same thing. It like watching an episode of Ailine, where they talk to the workers and fix error and try to fix problems before they sail. I thought it was going to be a walkout per se showing us the shops and pools and eateries...etc, but it wasnt.

I thought it was very interesting. I liked the fact it showed what we should expect for our allure cruise in dec. And to see how the employees really work was amazing. For a ship that size it is true what some people say. The embarking did go pretty flawless minus a couple things. And yes some people still seem they can bend the rules regarding papers or passports. I did feel bad for the couple that were denied boarding because she picked up the expired passport and not current. But u should always double and probably triple check EVERYTHING!!!!

I haven't watched this yet but THIS did happen to me sort of. I picked up my daughters old and new passport and left mine behind. I only lived one hour from the cruise port so I turned around and drove back home to get it but I was still on the ship by 1pm. It was when I checked in that they told me as a US citizen I didn't need to go to all the trouble to go home for the passport. I could have signed an affidavit and showed my driver's license and they'd have let me on the ship anyway. :eek: This was on Majesty 4 1/2 years ago.

Gina

Since I work at night, I set my alarm and my TV to watch the Extrem Cruise documentary on TLC.

It was a good show. I enjoyed watching how they had "turn the ship over" between Debarkation and Embarkation. I ate a piece of cold pizza and a warm soda while I watched the program.

As soon as it was over, I fell back to sleep because I have to be at work at 6:30AM!

LoL I wake up 2 hours later in a fit... why?...I had a nightmare that we were leaving for our cruise and I left my passport at home. My beau and I are at the Cruise Port and asked my dad to drive back to my house and pick up my passport, but he needed to hurry becuase the ship left at 4pm and it was already 2pm.

All I remember after that was..the sun setting, the ship sailing without me, and my dad arriving with the wrong ID! ROFL

It was so vivid, I had to take a couple of deep breaths to realize that it was just a dream! NO MORE late night cold pizza.

So funny....and my dreams (nightmares) revolve around forgetting to bring my suitcase to the ship. I guess people have lived that one by no fault of their own.

Gina

ROFLMAO:D:D

Thanks for brightening my lunch, we're not leaving for 4 days, but I am thinking of putting my passport in my pocket now

I haven't watched this yet but THIS did happen to me sort of. I picked up my daughters old and new passport and left mine behind. I only lived one hour from the cruise port so I turned around and drove back home to get it but I was still on the ship by 1pm. It was when I checked in that they told me as a US citizen I didn't need to go to all the trouble to go home for the passport. I could have signed an affidavit and showed my driver's license and they'd have let me on the ship anyway. :eek: This was on Majesty 4 1/2 years ago.

Gina

My wife made copies of our Passports and left hers on the printer / copier at home. To try and make a long story short, she was refused boarding even though the copy scanned correctly at the pier. We had friends who were 1st timers so I had to go with them. ( southern on serenade in San Juan ) I fought with her that I would not leave her side, but she insisted since they didnt really know what to do, so my wife stayed over and we have friends in San Juan so we got a friend to go to our home and fed ex the passport over night so he helped her get it at the fed ex counter and then she booked a airline ticket to St Croix where she met the ship. She just missed St Thomas, but we've been there several times so it wasnt too bad....just an additional 300 bux... :( but at least she only missed a little over one day. All in all it was a great trip, well except for being stranded in Charlotte due to a snow storm. We were just about to land and we were diverted from Philly to Charlotte.... got home late the next day.

. . . I prefer documentaries that detail the ships construction and/or talk more about the ships features, amenities, tours the ship and the public spaces, follows the ship on its ports of call and compares it to other ships in the fleet and other lines. . .

There was a show on [i believe] the Discovery Channel in the last few months that was primarily about the construction of Oasis. I have not seen one yet that focused on the cruise exprience, however there were a lot of pieces on news type shows about the time of the inagural that highlighted the features of the ship. The Today show spent a whole morning broadcasting from the ship.

I thought the TLC show was excellent. It was interesting to see what actually has to happen to get me to the Windjammer for lunch.

Archived